gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:14:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here  (Read 64583 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:26:15 am »
Please post your information on WinMX only Crashes on this post. 
So that we may investigate the possible causes.

See THIS STICKY for details and solutions.

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
reasons
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 09:48:15 am »
I have seen alot more winmx crashing problems in the past couple of weeks and have come to the conclusion it is the auto search on fakefile transfers kicking in upon connection causing the winmx program to freeze/whiteout/crash+ hitting search on a fakefile artist. It's very important to delete these files once you reliase they are not a geniune source and perhaps more important not to download them in the first place. There are useful guides on this site on how to avoid downloading these files...just one reason I haven't seen mentioned is that the RIAA servers are possibly recording our IP header information  during connection attempts. There is nothing legal they can do with the that information I don't think but what they are doing isn't legal anyway so I don't think that will stop them  :lol: and our privacy is being compromised .
Another reason I have seen a few cases of winmx crashing is bad movie files, which once they get to the top of queue to resume transfer crash winmx completely at a certain part of the file everytime. This increases the likelihood of winmx not being able to save the end file information on partial downloads (like it does when closed down normally) rendering partial files corrupt and unable to resume without using the "trim 10k from end of file" option. I use this option on movie files that don't ever seem to make a connection successfully by doing it 10 times=trim 100k from end of file.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 12:58:47 am »
I believe the problem has been identified at last  :evil:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=78

toxic666

winmx crashes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 04:21:34 pm »
I have had corrupted video files cause WinMx to crash and take XP with it, but most of the crashes I have occured when burning files using Nero Burning Rom (ver 6.3.1.20) at the same time as running WinMx. Maybe a memory incompatibility? Nero and WinMx seem to hate each other, although to be fair, Nero seems to hate everything and everyone.....

just guest

problems
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 05:49:39 pm »
system: windows xp sp2
connection: dsl
firewall: norton
primary user
got sherwood and peerguardian running + ad-aware and spybot SD
tried both winmx 3.53 and 3.54 beta..

winmx just keeps crashing, sometimes immediately after it gets connected, sometimes it runs about a hour..
I have downloaded and installed new patch file, still does'nt work..
sorry for errors in typing, not too good at english..:)

PS. did I forget to mention something above?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 07:25:43 pm »
If it's a fake file causing this then clearing all incompletes should help...
If you can't get it running long enough to do that try moving the files to another directory. After starting winmx and if it runs properly move them back and "load incompletes" if it crashes again  then you know it's one of them :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

ronnie

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:38:30 pm »
hi need some advice , my winmx keeps crashing ive installed the pach and changed my tcp/udp ports and was up and running again but 2 days later as soon as i connect or within 1 min it crahses saying winmx has incountered a problem and needs to close any advice would be wellcome , ho ive tryed delating and reinstalling but nothing changes .

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:42:18 am »
We are having an issue with the patch, its being worked on and we are trying to resolve it quickly since this is the fastest and most efficient solution for fixing your WinMX.
For now try these things to see if it fixes it.

One is to install the 3.54 beta 4 and run the Dll patch... you can find the WinMX beta 4 here:
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

Then get this updated patch at:
http://w w w.winmxgroup.com/ws2_32.dll  as of 11:30pm GMT time

Once these are placed in your C:\Program Files\WinMX folder then restart WinMX and see if this helps..

If you continue to have a crashing problem please use this updated Hosts file from here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

If you decide to use this hosts file you will need to make a folder to store your DLL file in, this can be inside the WinMX folder if you like. Then install the go to
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc there you will need to rename your original hosts file to 'Original hosts' then unzip this file to that folder.

Do a dns flush by going to
Start > Run type 'cmd'
Then in the dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns' then restart your WinMX

guestwinmxer

crashing etc
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 02:08:17 am »
with all these problems lately, is anything going to happen to my computer? I dled the patch, and am getting crashes too. I coulda lived with just connecting to other servers. and most of all this technical stuff thats being said is over my head lol. can anyone make it simpler? are we going to be in trouble?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 02:37:27 am »
guestwinmxer, No your computer is safe :>

yes this is a tough time for WinMX, but think about this,, there are not many .. networks that said .. up yours to the RIAA like the WinMX community has.. its really amazing what we have accomplished and yes times is hard right now esp for folks that have to learn how to manage system files and error messages ..

But one day we will be whole again, fixed and unstopable.. and you can say you was there..  :wink:

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 10:28:45 pm »
hell again i have instaled the new patch but it kept saying there was aproblem and wouldnt instal the  2.0 instalation anyway it finally installed and i lost my 2 run  dll. drivers do i need them it seems to be runnin ok but the 2.0 did not install can u tell me if i need them old drivers or just the ws_32dll if so how can i get these old drivers oh primary windows xp

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 12:25:13 am »
Burrito,

The installer should have installed the NEW dll file to your system..If you crash again please be sure you installed this ok..by redownloading from the given link and try..

Try this link if that one didnt work for you

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

Run the installation..

kevsher01

crashing
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 01:21:35 pm »
I have installed patch 1.9, and all the other prior ones.  Changed to winmx 3.54.  Installed a new host file.  Flushed the system, and it's still crashing.  Any more advice?
Thanx in advance :?:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 03:22:48 pm »
you cant have the hosts files in place with this 1.9 install... that wont work...

I sugest you rename your C:\program files\WinMX to WinMX2

Then allow the install 1.9 to reinstall WinMX for you and then see how that does... during installation you may want to stop the TCP and UDP test and say configure manuall setting
Do Not use a proxy
TCP to 6699
UDP to 6257

Then allow WinMX to connect from there, this should allow you to go back to the original hosts file and fresh install of MX with patch...

Let me know..

gh0styuk

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 05:15:18 pm »
Hi, Thanks for your help in the chat-room yesterday me here; however, its all gone to hell in a handcart again.
Shortly after the upload problem was resolved, I began to get the periodic crashing problem (which seemed to coincide with an upload and download running together).
Thought I'd attempt to resolve the problem by uninstalling Wunmx, rebooting and re-installing.
Using this link https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe  - I'm now only getting as far as manually configuring my shared files before I crash again.
Do you know of any way around this at all?
Thanks

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 05:30:28 pm »
Ghosty,
The best advise I have so far is to do this:
Make sure the downloaded 'Install 1.9' is 1.32mb in size on your puter.
Rename the current folder C:\Program Files\WinMX folder to WInMX 2
Go to the Install 1.9 and reinstall for your operating system.
Make sure if your on XP that you either reboot your machine or you do a dns flush
Start > Run type   'cmd'
Then in the dos box type  'ipconfig /flushdns'

Now restar the new installation of WinMX.. let me know how this goes for you.. ty

kevsher01

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 11:15:43 am »
Thanks, Me here.  I just installed it as you said, and i'll let you know how it goes.  Thanx again.

kevsher01

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 01:15:23 pm »
Thanx again.  seems to be workin' great so far.

thatguy69

WinMX Crash
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 03:39:38 pm »
Operating system Windows XP SP2

- Internet connection type: DSL
- WinMx Version 3.54
- Primart

- SPI on router
- Netgear DG834G
- No Add-one
- Just the usual, firefox, msn etc

The error signature i get is:

AppName: winmx.exe    AppVer: 3.5.4.0    ModName: ws2_32.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 00001026

and this is the contents of the DEBUG file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="WinMX.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="uninstallmx.exe" SIZE="33948" CHECKSUM="0x7A8DA4FC" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="10/04/2005 14:26:31" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/04/2005 14:26:31" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="WinMX.exe" SIZE="1069056" CHECKSUM="0x882DBE43" BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.5.4.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="3.5.4.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="3.54" FILE_DESCRIPTION="WinMX Application" COMPANY_NAME="Frontcode Technologies" PRODUCT_NAME="WinMX" FILE_VERSION="3.54" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="winmx.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="WinMX" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004 Frontcode Technologies, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x113548" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.5.4.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="3.5.4.0" LINK_DATE="12/13/2004 03:58:48" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/13/2004 03:58:48" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ws2_32.dll" SIZE="32768" CHECKSUM="0xE30BF3B6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="10/11/2005 17:18:48" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/11/2005 17:18:48" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="WS2_32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ws2_32.dll" SIZE="32768" CHECKSUM="0xE30BF3B6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="10/11/2005 17:18:48" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/11/2005 17:18:48" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552" CHECKSUM="0x4CE79457" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFF848" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

I am still able to use WinMX like normal if i hide the Error window, it seems to connect like normal, just as soon as you start the program it comes up with this error

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 04:48:11 pm »
Hi,

Could you tell me the last date that you downloaded the ws2_32.dll and also are you using IE7?

Thanks..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx