gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 03:07:00 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  More of Vladd's "Free Speech"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More of Vladd's "Free Speech"  (Read 15803 times)

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
Re: More of Vladd's "Free Speech"
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 01:41:55 pm »
No one will use their crappy excuse for a fix. :)

Botch job is what to call it. A hosts file uhm, it was like the very first solution of a way to get your WinMX to connect to the new peer caches when they first went down, until a new and better fix was in place. Yet they are still messing about with the lousy text file. and uhm, the peer cache list in it isn't even current, it's using dead peer caches..

And when you think about it, what is operation pie? They are a huge team with many members, each doing their bit of work.. but have a look at it the "patch", open the manual install file in notepad, and you'll see...
It is a few lines of text, and that's all they have to offer their users (btw, we can throw together a hosts file too if needed.. duh it's not like it's any hard, it's done in 30 secs).. And even then, that's not it, you'll need to install PG for it to run in proper conditions on the WPN. But the pie team knows that PG is too much of a hassle for the users, and it makes the users want to give up on MX or pie, so they don't suggest PG. Maybe that's the best, there's already enough cluttering with the pie patch updates.. botch job...

The pie team is entirely based on a lie, they think they are helping the network. the truth is that users get fed up with their botch job, and leave MX, just because the pie team lies and don't let the users know there is an alternate solution, even if they ask specificily about it. And the patch damages the network. Floods loads of fake files.. well done pie team. At least KM sorted out that problem in the 3.0 patch because it now filters fake results... now the only problem is the bandwidth usage when your primary gets hit by a flooded search. The pie members don't know how the WPN works, so they probably don't even know this problem exists. but it does, and even if they knew about it, they wouldn't care, all they want is that the users use their "fix" (botch job) and not ours, no matter what.

"We give our users a choice" - That's what they say, but that's not what they do. Their visitors are only given 1 option, that's the pie patch..
Their visitors trust vladd, because vladd's site/forum was well known to be a good help site and community. That's the trust the pie team is now abusing. Their good reputation has gotten their so called fix to a lot of users, and their users trust the pie team and think the pie members know what they are doing. So far they are only harming the network.
If it was all up to KM, everything would be in order now. Perhaps a hosts file would be on the winmxgroup site as an alternate solution (no guys, it wouldn't be pie, but another hosts file written by himself). A few users running an unprotected client don't cause problems if everyone else is running the dll patch with filtering. but when you have some noobs trying to save/run MX, and their users think they are doing it right, it causes major problems on the network.

Pie team, disband.. I beg you. You aren't the right people for your position, leave it to someone who know what they are doing.. You have done... a botch job

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 02:13:32 pm »
LOL.. this would be quite funny if it wasnt for the regular users being alienated by this PIE44.con site...

Zepposircarressith

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 02:22:26 pm »
From a tv comerical

There aint no pie on me there aint no pie on me

there might be pie on some of you maggots but there aint no pie on me

:P

yes im bored  :shock:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 03:30:53 pm »
Folks much as I enjoy reading the latest lies from the "free speech" site over yonder I think its time we all got back to work on our help projects and leave this bunch to thier own demise, the users now know whats been going on and thats all that was neccesary.

You,ll all be glad to know the network is 39% fake free and climbing thanks to your help, thank you all without the successful patch take up we woulld not have been able to acheive this fantastic result.

My thanks also go out to Rock for trying to get folks to the table to resolve differences, he was unsuccessful this time but his actions are those of an honourable man, cheers Rock 8)

If any of you wish to continue posting in this thread please keep it factual and brief as you can only show folks how others lie so many times before it becomes boring

KM

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 08:11:17 pm »
factual and brief...

they are money grabbing morons who care more about themselves more than the good of the network and the users

too long?

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 10:23:22 pm »
Gemini777, who runs here own PC help site says,

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please update to PIE Patch 3.1 as soon as possible.

The owner of WinMXGroup is damaging the WinMX network in such a way that when user using PIE Patches below version 3.31 connects to WinMX through WinMXGroup's servers, their nickname will get hijacked, showing in the channel like nickname123_50, not the regular nickname123_12345.

Due to this, the user will not be able to enter any WinMX chatrooms or stay logged in to Ouka rooms. This will not happen with Pie Patch 3.1 since it has no reference to WinMXGroup (KM's) servers.

I urge everyone to update immediately. Updating will also help the network by evenly balancing the load between the servers. There is one server that is currently experiencing longer connection times than usual due to a heavy burden on it.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I heard in chat last night that this was being said, but never found the post, but it was there.

KM

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 10:38:14 pm »
it's bullshit based on a fragment of truth...

the whole "he's hijacking your username" is pure bullshit, there is no hijacking, how the hell do you "hijack" a username? lmfao

however what they are referring to is my helping 2.9 users that they have abandoned

if you have pie 2.9 then you would have just got flashing yellow with pie telling you "Please be Patient!!!"... yes a very useful message that does a very effective job of trying to lie to users and tell them that winmx is crap and slow

with all the users leaving winmx because pie was refusing to tell them how to get it working, even though i don't think i am under any obligation to help get pie out of a mess they created, i have decided that it is better for winmx if the users are actually informed of the reason that they can't connect instead of just left to try other p2p networks, so... see the screen shot below, this only effects people using outdated hosts files who would otherwise have been left unable to connect, those using the patch (or an updated hosts file) are of course not seeing the message

btw, before you ask, no i did not mess up a real computer to take those screen shots, i used a virtual one :-P

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 10:57:43 pm »
Personally I tend to agree with KM on this one.. that message is FAR more useful than a blinking yellow light, & I'd like to thank KM for taking the trouble to reach those users with information about how to obtain a REAL solution, that doesn't break whenever cache IP addresses change, I'm sure it was some difficulty & trouble for him to arrange this.
I'm not trying to claim there won't be updates, KM seems to be working hard on very useful new features (as we just saw with the fake file filtering) but even earlier versions of HIS patch still connect, & still protect the network.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:32 pm »
Mick here is the thread you are talking about but it has been edited from its original post to this now.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7967
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 11:35:41 pm »
sorry for the fast repost but i found this as well .

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7976

The part where he states :The only fix is Pie Patch 3.1 since it has no reference to KM's servers.

Is misleading to say the lest.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 05:44:49 am »
Chuck, I think I have read both those posts.   I also think I reply in some, but I am not sure if they look anything like what I read about 12 hours ago.   They just seem to change so much.

~¤£ôv뮤Gï®|¤~

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 04:24:12 pm »
nice fake file there KM...
YOU chose to advertize your patch on pie users pc
YOU chose to give users NO choice of which patch to use, by denying access to your caches to them
YOU chose to split the network

ty Km for showing users what a spoilt child you are
your "use my patch or else"

sounds alot like a 2 yr old - "if ya don't play my way, i'll take my toys and go home"

your age is showing KM..lol

KM

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 04:47:59 pm »
YOU chose to lie to users and tell them they were getting a patch to fix winmx
YOU chose to abandon those users and refused to tell them how to fix winmx, instead telling them "Please be Patient!!!" even DAYS after you knew they would never be able to connect you are still telling them that
I decided to find some way to get word to those users that winmx is NOT dead and they should not sit there thinking it's normal for winmx to not connect, or if they are lucky connect in a few hours

do you have a problem with me correcting the lies you are telling users? you know how you say "please be patient, it will connect, pie is how you connect, there is no other way that actually works"

do you really think that there was nothing wrong with you simply throwing thousands of users off of winmx and not even telling them why you were doing it and lying and saying you weren't anything to do with it and winmx is just crap like that? personally i think it is fucking disgraceful and you should be ashamed of yourselves for such a stupid and selfish act, i wonder if you will ever start doing anything at all to help winmx users? probably not, because that wouldn't be profitable

~¤£ôv뮤Gï®|¤~

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 06:26:22 pm »
*sigh* more accusations, show me logs KM

how long did you have it planned km?  to deny pie users access to your caches?
were you just waiting for the right time?
the right day of the week? 
perhaps the right weather?

YOU should be ashamed of yourself for such a stupid and selfish act - but then again, you are just a kid yourself, seems all those 'rumors' proved a point eh?

well KM, your plan has been exposed, and it didn't work, pie is still here and is still the safest way to connect

what's your next plan of action to destroy pie?  stay tuned folks, more vicious attacks on pie from KM soon to come I'm sure

(i wonder if this post will get deleted or moved)

KM

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 06:41:32 pm »
logs of what? which of those are you denying? all have been posted about before on both forums (although a certain forum censors such posts) which bits do you want to be reposted yet again?

and no user is denied access to my caches, as has been mentioned my caches are free for any user to use - although as i have mentioned on several occasions scam websites are not free to sell my bandwidth to users, why, do you class pie as a scam site? i know i do, but are you admitting it on a public forum?

my caches can be located at the hostnames cache0-9.winmxgroup.com and cache0-19.winmxgroup.net or of course look on the winmxgroup cache status page for the current IP Address and operational status of each of those caches if you want a list of current servers hosting the caches

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 06:54:07 pm »
In support of this anti pay site stance we offer these proofs from Vladd controlled sites.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=43255#43255

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 07:01:20 pm »
to deny pie users access to your caches?

Why not try and update the Ip address of the caches in the pie patch?
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 07:07:39 pm »
or better still stop directing to IP Addresses and start directing to caches instead?

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:32 pm »
They didn't want to update them...they in fact said they would not use KM's peer caches, and then they POSTED ON THEIR SITE THAT IT WOULD BE HARMFUL TO USE KM'S PEER CACHES, but now they are crying "You didn't let anyone connect to your peer caches" ....

What the hell is wrong with the pie people?!

If you decided not to use his peer caches, screaming "He will hijack your name" (LMAO how stupid) And took his peer caches out of your lame excuse for a fix, then how can you in the same breath bitch about "He won't let us connect"

You are retarded Love.

Thanx for coming here and posting :) Of course we WILL NOT censor posts here Like you guys do every 2 minutes (I have proof lol) because it is much more fun to let everyone see what a dumbass you are :)

All my love,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:38 pm »
lol@scam pie site with scamming ads. But the pie team will be happy if their users click them, because they make money from it. That's why they have released so many pie patches lately, because they want users to come back and visit their site over and over and click those ads.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  More of Vladd's "Free Speech"

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx