gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 07:59:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  piepatch doesn't stop fake files anymore
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: piepatch doesn't stop fake files anymore  (Read 2716 times)

stopcontact

piepatch doesn't stop fake files anymore
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:03:16 pm »
I am seeing once again fakes files in my searches..... :?
the patch worked fine until now

I'm running the lastest piepatch from winmxgroep.com and peerquardian

does this mean that they found a method around the patch...or does it simply mean the patch needs a update or doesn't work in the Netherlands ????

does someone know ???

stopcontact

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: piepatch doesn't stop fake files anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 05:16:31 pm »
Errrrrm - our Patch is NOT a Pie Patch, that's made somewhere else and never has stopped fakes.

The Patch from winmxgroup.com filters fakes and you don't need to run Peerguardian with it at all.
Of course it can still happen that you will see some fakes for a little while, but they should be gone soon after you saw them.

In case you have updated to version 3.2  then that means you have replaced the Patch from winmxworld by a Pie Patch which happens to have a higher number, but is not in fact an upgrade of our Patch.
In that case it will not filter fakes because Pie Patch doesn't come with that feature and you better reinstall version 3.0 from winmxgroup.com , which is still the latest version of OUR Patch.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

stopcontact

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:27:59 pm »
srry about the mix up. :(...i'm using the winmxworld patch..

and i'm not seeing a few fakes but about 5000 of them (the patch worked fine before today), when searching for "nl subs"

stopcontact

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:41:03 pm »
Hi stopcontact

There are a few occations when for some reason or another your WinMX had difficulty contacting the server to upload the current list.. in this case a restart of WinMX usually fixes this.. can you please try this for me and let me know.. thanks

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 06:14:51 pm »
No Me Here. I took a look myself:
nl subs under video type.
They seem somekind of new strain. I did not wait for the lists to complete. The whois told that there were about 1800-2990 files among the 4-5 I searched. I will mention specificially, that there were no 3000 in the ones I saw. Have a look. The thing that will catch your eye, I think, will be the fact that the file names are same....
I did not want tooo many pics. Thought two will suffice.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

stopcontact

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 06:23:04 pm »
@ME HERE

I tried the following:

x - I restarted winmx .... no change still getting lots of fakes

x - I disabled Peerquardain and restarted winmx (mayby peerguardian is blocking the server) .... still no changes

x-  I Rebooted my system .... still no changes....I still have fake files BUT ONLY when searching for movies with dutch subtitles (when searching for something else i'm not getting fakes)

stopcontact

KM

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:31:21 pm »
there was a temporary fault, those who already had winmx running when the fault occured would still have the complete block list running (using the cached copy) however those starting winmx whilst it was offline would have only had partial blocking (from the backup DNS based list)... it should be resolved now (may take up to 15 minutes for your client to retry)

Offline KickerRick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 05:57:58 pm »
there was a temporary fault, those who already had winmx running when the fault occured would still have the complete block list running (using the cached copy) however those starting winmx whilst it was offline would have only had partial blocking (from the backup DNS based list)... it should be resolved now (may take up to 15 minutes for your client to retry)

Yeah, mine said something about sql error, it has been running for about a week. No problems with searches, connection, or downloads so I blew it off.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  piepatch doesn't stop fake files anymore

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx