gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:47:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  leechhammer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: leechhammer  (Read 17619 times)

enduroman

leechhammer
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:14:15 pm »
Hello,
I installed leechammer from the tutorial site. After instalation, i did the settings and ran.
The problem is, it says "winmx not runnig" AND the button to start MX is "greyed out"
I tried the "help" on leechammer but it doesn't go to any help, just a web page.
If I open MX on it's own it works fine, but hammer still says not running.
I downloaded the "full" version from the tutorial not the upgrade (because I didn't already have the hammer)

Any ideas?

TIA

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: leechhammer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 02:45:58 pm »
Moved by MH, to get better help.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 04:17:32 pm »
Hi Enduroman,
i do know about this, its a system bug in it that wont start winmx for you,
the best thing is 1, start winmx manually.... 2, go to the transfer screen... 3, turn leechammer on and it will activate ok.

the reason i say go to tranfer screen is, sometimes i have noticed the ignore box or settings box close when opened before you can do what you wamted, when you have activated leechammer on the transfers screen it is no longer trying to find it and other boxes open ok.

hope this helps

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

enduroman

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 06:04:49 pm »
I tried that and it still didn't work  (MX not running) on window.
I opened MX, went to transfer screen, then started leechammer.

One "dumb" question, when you said "go to transfers screen, turn leechammer on"   you don't mean that you can start hammer from the MX screen right?  I still have to open hammer on it's own?
If there is a way to start hammer from that screen I can't find it.

I even removed it completely and reinstalled with same out come.
One thing, during the install I got a message " the file you are trying to install is an older version of the one you already have. It is reccomended that you keep the existing file"
file:   windows/system32/mscomctl.ocx
version:   6.1.95.45
I chose "yes"
 Would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks Again

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:31:14 pm »
Hi Enduroman,
sorry i didnt make it clear, you start winmx, then go to the transfer screen, then you start leechammer from your shortcut in start menu,
also the question about replacing a file with an older one thats just a system ocx file, "yes" is fine and it has to be there ir leechammer wont work.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline royaltiger

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »
I was about to ask the same question about leechhammer, because i had it running from  within winmx and have reinstalled winmx and leechhammer and i have to startup leechhammer seperately, why does it work for some and not others

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:00:42 pm »
Make sure in Leechammer under Settings > Misc > Auto Start options to allow you to start your WinMX when you start your LeecHammer, and let LeecHammer begin checking users as soon as you start it up.

Planet Gonzo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 12:10:10 pm »
Hi, I'm having a similar problem! I just got a new laptop and loaded winmx and install leechammer ver 1.2 and when i start leechammer it wont start winmx! I tick all the necessary ticks here and there but still nothing! it works fine on my desktop both running xp pro, all the bottons in leechammer are grey.... can someone plz give us a real answer to this problem... Thanking you all in advance. Planet Gonzo

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 02:19:25 pm »
It sounds to me as tho maybe you have a abnormal WinMX installation or that the LeecHammer version you have is an older one.. although 1.2 should be correct there is a upgrade only version and it can be confusing.

I would first make sure to reinstall LeecHammer from this url:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/LeecHammer/LeecHammer%201.2%20(For%20WinMX%203.53)%20-%20120704.zip

When installing make sure that you direct it to your current WinMX location or make sure your WinMX location is set to C:\Program Files\WinMX\winmx.exe

If this still doesnt fix it then I might suggest using MXMoni on the laptop instead.. not sure what else could be effecting it.

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:18 pm »
I just installed leechhammer 1.22 i think. How do i know if it installed and how do i check to see if it's working. I installed the setup file to C: winmx /. Is this right?

Help, Thanx.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 11:04:16 pm »
you will need to take the leech hammer set up file out of winmx folder put it on the desk top for now double click on it and it should install leech hammer to its own folder in c:/ programmes..........
you should end up with a icon on the desk top for leech hammer double click on leech hammer to start it  note for some reason the auto start of winmx from leech hammer doesnt always work so manually start winmx you should be al ok from there any issues pop into this room for more detailed help
WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 11:27:26 pm »
you will need to take the leech hammer set up file out of winmx folder put it on the desk top for now double click on it and it should install leech hammer to its own folder in c:/ programmes..........
you should end up with a icon on the desk top for leech hammer double click on leech hammer to start it  note for some reason the auto start of winmx from leech hammer doesnt always work so manually start winmx you should be al ok from there any issues pop into this room for more detailed help
WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE

It's not recognizing my desktop. Says it's aborting when i double click on setup. There is a settings and lib4 dat file in my winmx folder. Is that screwing the installation?

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 11:36:30 pm »
it shouldnt be as those two files belong to winmx..........
best thing would be to delete the leech hammer set up file that you have a re down load it to either your desk top or a folder were you can find it.............
double click on it and it should start to set up let us know how you get on ...............

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:15:49 am »
it shouldnt be as those two files belong to winmx..........
best thing would be to delete the leech hammer set up file that you have a re down load it to either your desk top or a folder were you can find it.............
double click on it and it should start to set up let us know how you get on ...............

I deleted and downloaded again to my desktop. I double click on the zip file, then double click on setup and i get "setup cannot find C:\documents and settings\my name\desktop\setup.LST" . Setup is aborting

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 12:32:19 am »
ok when you open the zip file containing leech hammer does it also contain leech hammer.cab  in a zip file and also setup.lst..........
if not i think you have the leech hammer upgrade in which case your going to need leech hammer for winmx 3.3x from the achieves here  httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/LeecHammer/   this is  one you want .LeecHammer 1.2 (For WinMX 3.53) - 120704.zip.........
if your zip does contain all the 3 files i mentioned above they should all extract themselves to a setup file.......well it does for me...........
so you may have to manually extract all 3 files to a folder and try setting it up that way  ...............
let us know how you get on

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 12:43:37 am »
ok when you open the zip file containing leech hammer does it also contain leech hammer.cab  in a zip file and also setup.lst..........
if not i think you have the leech hammer upgrade in which case your going to need leech hammer for winmx 3.3x from the achieves here  httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/LeecHammer/   this is  one you want .LeecHammer 1.2 (For WinMX 3.53) - 120704.zip.........
if your zip does contain all the 3 files i mentioned above they should all extract themselves to a setup file.......well it does for me...........
so you may have to manually extract all 3 files to a folder and try setting it up that way  ...............
let us know how you get on

Ok, it let me setup this time and i used the default, C:\program files\leechhammer. Now there are a bunch of files in the leechhammer folder. What do i do now?

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 01:15:31 am »
should be a icon on the desk top if not  go to the leech hammer folder and right click on the exe  and choose send it tio the desktop as a created short cut    double click on it and leech hammer should start  you wil probably have to manually start winmx even thou there is a setting in leech hammer to auto start winmx sometimes it works sometimes it dont.........
just follow the setup options in leech hammer most are self explantory ...........
there is a tutorial on the setup avalable from this room WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE
good luck let us know how ya get on

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 01:37:34 am »
should be a icon on the desk top if not  go to the leech hammer folder and right click on the exe  and choose send it tio the desktop as a created short cut    double click on it and leech hammer should start  you wil probably have to manually start winmx even thou there is a setting in leech hammer to auto start winmx sometimes it works sometimes it dont.........
just follow the setup options in leech hammer most are self explantory ...........
there is a tutorial on the setup avalable from this room WinMXWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD5BABE
good luck let us know how ya get on

How do i know if leech is working? Do i have to leave that leechhammer box open or can it stay closed?

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 02:47:25 am »
it can stay closed  there should be a icon in the system tray bottom  right of the screen simply right click on it to open it again

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 04:19:11 pm »
it can stay closed  there should be a icon in the system tray bottom  right of the screen simply right click on it to open it again

bughunter, thanks for all your help my friend.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  leechhammer

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx