gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:21:51 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  POLL: Winmx Patch and Should It Be Open Or Closed Source ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: POLL: Winmx Patch and Should It Be Open Or Closed Source ?  (Read 17736 times)

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Re: POLL: Winmx Patch and Should It Be Open Or Closed Source ?
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2007, 06:06:38 pm »
Damn Ghost..just when I thought you were gonna quit...

"like others before you, you want a name for yourself" <--nope. I have no ambition to gain notoriety by riding on your coattail. I just don't like being attacked, or lied about.

And glad to hear you are gonna get back to the 'tireless effort and suffering you do for everyone' which would be more productive than taking popshots at me :P

Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline DragonRider

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2007, 11:16:13 pm »
Quote from: Scyre
All the "we can't trust the dll, there could be something in it!" crap is wearing thin too. Show proof of a problem, or drop it.
Are we to believe that he can release WCS and the whole universe knows there is a bug, but his patch is secretly still harboring a pandora's box of evil after 2 years, and we still need to fear your invented 'hidden issue'?
Simple: Put up or Shut up. If you have proof that the dll contains some hidden issue, then provide it. The entire community would be interested if it were true.

What a lovely little Catch 22. The .dll is closed scource so nobody can see what it harbors, how do you offer proof when the proof is hidden in the patch itself? You should work for the government, but I do agree with one point you made, the entire community would be interested if it were true. It's like saying, "Hey, I'm not a liar...and if you don't believe me just ask me, would I lie to you"?

"did more damage to the chat side and WinMX as a whole than the RIAA could have ever done"
That is a very bold statement and I think many would disagree.

I'm sure that there are many that would disagree, but they were not the ones who had their rooms crashed and redirected repeatedly because they didn't agree with KM and his little band of script kiddies until they just finally gave up and closed down their rooms. That KM's attempt at cyber-terrorism should be written off as boyish pranks is at best laughable.

True enough, KM's first response was to tell everyone to find another p2p, that since winmx.com shutdown that it was pretty much over. (that still is a long way from running around with hands in the air screaming the sky is falling)
I don't think he or anyone else really knew how much determination the community had to stay, and after everyone started voicing opinions and trying to figure out ideas, he even decided to help Ranma with a peercache and try to work together on a solution. (He had already developed many tools and had a peercache in the works at that point as I understand it. He would have to clarify that for sure)

If he had already developed the tools and had a peercache in the works why was he telling everybody that they had to find a new p2p? Why was he even worried that winmx.com had went dark?

And as far as you having a patch ready to go, please do not insult my intelligence. I'm not some wide eyed, no clue, noob. I don't have to be run over by a bull to smell the bullshit. Sell your soap on another corner.
A recent study shows that marriage is the main cause of divorce in the US.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2007, 01:15:04 pm »
quote from nobby .....Bug, you are suggesting that Pie in some way have a hand in the mess here, that is false and i have corrected you and given you the truth, end of...........
what are you talking about?........
clearly you failed to grasp the concept of the post, what i was saying along with nooky and other posters is once good friends are now at each others throats over a patch............dont know about you but i find that sad to see..........the current spat between ghost and scythe is a prime example, once good friends who had mutual respect for each other are now engaged in a ugly war with each other all over a stupid patch that doesnt even exist yet........so sorry to rain on your parade but as usuall your mistaken thinking everything is about you and pie............and so from my point of view the price being paid for this patch and this alliance with pie is already to high............for what is winmx if not the friends you make in the various chat rooms etc..........this patch so far hasnt brought the community together as hoped winmx is more splintered now then it ever was............so if its this bad now god only knows what will happin when its finally released.........if its open sourced then the current opponants of this option are only going to get worse and if its closed source its well known pie wont back it so were back to square one, except that friends that once were will only be even more hostile blameing each other for what has happined.............so tell me nobby were in all this does winmx win................

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2007, 02:33:43 pm »
Folks I dont believe this topic is representative of anything this site stands for and has gone so far off track its no longer possible to fix, so leaving all the accusations and innuendo contained within it to stand for all to see who has the community at heart and who does not I am now locking this divisive thread, and be clear until a new patch appears there will be no further discussion of the matter.

If you have the community at heart you will respect this decision and I hope most of you will do so, thank you all for your input and after totting up the votes thus far and adding those in that changed their votes we come up to roughly 20 for and 25 against, so its clear why there was a division, at leat we are now all clear on this matter I hope.

Please take note that this topic was started by MacDaddy to gather some opinion on how the community felt on the matter and was not the vote I promised folks before any release we were planning, this has been made clear a few times now and with this in mind I,m sure Mac has now seen how the community feels on the matter.

Cheers folks  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  POLL: Winmx Patch and Should It Be Open Or Closed Source ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx