gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 01:46:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld  (Read 33268 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »
Folks today we had some bad news from our former colleague King Macro who has decided he no longer wishes us to distritbute certain WinMX patchs or derivatives that where created.

We have complied with his legal notification and will be looking at our options as to what we will replace it with, please note other sites may offer the patch still and for now I suggest you seek those out, as this notice was aimed soley at this site to cause disruption of the community.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html

There is no need to panic or be alarmed as existing users of the patch itself will be unaffected by this notice, it just means we cannot offer it here, please remain patient for news of our suggested replacement over the next 48 hour period, thank you all  :|

Offline miller6193

• Forum Member
Re: DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:28:16 pm »
Well how can i reconnect with my beta

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:47:16 pm »
What beta are you reffering to Miller6193 ?

There has been no change in the cache setups since July, users on the patch handed out then are fully able to connect still.

Buckzeto

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:11:48 pm »
Hello!  Isn't there something you can do to make Mr. K.M. happy?  If he did the work to develop the patches, then he deserves the credit and anything else he would like that might be possible from WinMxWorld so that everyone is happy, or at least satisfied.    Thanks.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »
He made the patch and we all helped him iron out the bugs, however when he decided he was going to "close MX" as he put it and closed the caches, this is the same man who was offering to help macrovision a few days ago, we have no more time for him, not do any here that care for mx.

Even as folks come to defend him he is damaging the roomlistings and exposing all your private searches on a site he runs, is this someone you want the rest of us to trust ?

I dont think so.

The mugger

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:41 am »
Interesting how he was producing something to allow people to steal licenced material and then winges on about having his own used. Sounds as though he should wise up to himself and get a life.
Perhaps he's been bought like so many other two faced operators e.g BG

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:03 am »
 For the past few months ive not kept up with all the jockying for control of winmx. So any post ive made in the last few weeks may have been out of line i see there has been alot of things going on i did not know so Ghost i hope ive not said any thing disrespectfull to you. If i did i apologize to you now.I just could not understand why so many were at each other,NO matter closed or open on a new patch ill use it,LOL i do agree that id like a open source patch for many reasons one of which is no one person in complete control over what derection winmx goes.With out some openess we would not have as many 3rd party programs like nushi chat , robo , all the servers and so on and so on. Everyone can see from my past post that i loose no sleep over vladd not being a winmx god any more but you have to agree im sure vladd will get the best nites sleep now knowing he is not the bigest ass on winmx now that km has shown himself.I can understand him not agreeing with you, me or any number of people on this forum but what he is doing now is hurting all users of mx.Im sure with in days you and many others will come up with some thing to make km a mute point. I just hope things will soon return to no argueing and long time members of this forum will come together and the fighting can once more be gone.Again Ghost i hope ive not not said any thing out of line to you.Ill not waste my time trying to remind km that he worked on his patch to help all the users of mx and what he is doing now is not helping at all.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

icedragon

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:00:56 am »
for now the patches can be downloaded from here    https://patch.winmxconex.com

simply paste that into your browser and download which ever patch you require............

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 01:13:04 am »
creating the patch as he did was a great thing to do when all was lost ( a lot of ppl seem to forget that though ) and pulling the cashes was a personal desision based on circumstances .....i think what has happened in the last 24 hrs was probably based on the fact of the ivory tower ppl here calling him a lier and trying to belittle him at every turn & to be honest with the crap he has took in the last few weeks if it had been me i would have pulled the plug a lot sooner.... still not all is lost as  the ivory tower gang has been planning in advance normal  service will be resumed in the next 48 hours so afterall all those secret meetings and closed ballots and secret coders will be worth it afterall ................ or will they ?????? a little pride lost would have saved a whole lot of hassle in the end im sure a majority would agree ........ a little tip here ...... dont shoot the messenger untill at least you have read the message

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:29:05 am »
Hell, kM is currently damaging the roomlistings causing pie to claim the whole networks under attack, also publicing folks private searches for files from his RIAA friendly server and bullying admins in the chat room with his friend Merlin, and this is always going to be the fault of others in your rose coloured eyes ?

Smell the coffe and wise up, whatever anyone here does it will never excuse him abusing the users or their trust, to damage the network or folks enjoyment of it.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:46:27 am »
so KM has become the new vladd? ... great... bittorrent anyone?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 05:08:53 am »
creating the patch as he did was a great thing to do when all was lost ( a lot of ppl seem to forget that though ) and pulling the cashes was a personal desision based on circumstances .....i think what has happened in the last 24 hrs was probably based on the fact of the ivory tower ppl here calling him a lier and trying to belittle him at every turn & to be honest with the crap he has took in the last few weeks if it had been me i would have pulled the plug a lot sooner.... still not all is lost as  the ivory tower gang has been planning in advance normal  service will be resumed in the next 48 hours so afterall all those secret meetings and closed ballots and secret coders will be worth it afterall ................ or will they ?????? a little pride lost would have saved a whole lot of hassle in the end im sure a majority would agree ........ a little tip here ...... dont shoot the messenger untill at least you have read the message
Where have you been hiding at?? Noone is belittling KM more than he is belittling himself. Accusations of censorship still unproven in my opinion just because the disgusting thread he started is STILL allowed to continue. Yes I locked it. Not in censoring but to avoid more friends from hopefully devided on an undecided issue. Accusations that WMW admins are passing out trojan programs to script kiddies in the room?? Utter bull and you know it as well as any. The only crap he's had to take is the crap he dished out himself being shoveled back into his face. He has no respect for any memeber of this group and has little problem or gives the appearence of little problem with trying to belittle you or myself either. He pulled his caches because he wasn't allowed to act like a jackass to whomever he decided to be a jackass to that day. He didn't get what he wanted and still isn't so now he's taking his toys and going home. I say go away to him. Go away big KM baby and take your little toys with you WinMX god wannabe. Pull the pkug?First of all I refuse to believe you could "pull the plug" and secondly, "pulling the plug" is his last ditch effort to get what he wants. Why do you think he's "pulling" the plug. Speak from your own wisdom Hell. There's only 1 you and millions of KMs out there. You're better at being you. All KM wants is chaos and commotion in all this so he can say "See what I told you??? I was right! I was right all along!!". Don't give him that.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 05:33:04 am »
Damn, first im defending Ghost, now im agreeing with Nooky. This is a predictable move from KM and a tactic that the more switched on users had been expecting (this isnt the first time he has done this), this is one of the reasons it was SO important to get a new patch written and ready, and another goood illustration of why open source is so desirable. I just hope KM will now do as he said he was going to and move on from Winmx, he still may decide to take more direct 'action' as some folks like myself have seen first hand in the past. Perhaps now the new patch can be readied with some positive backing from the regs here? although im sure there will be a few remaining KM supporter who will still back him blindly even with his ever growing list of abuses, i hope these folks do not push away the remaining programming talent and in doing so, assist KM in causing further disruption to Winmx. The sooner KM'a "software" is consigned to the history books, the better for all users, i would also urge users to switch from using WCS to Ouka or other similar chat servers without delay.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 06:10:07 am »
I have a lot of respect for KM. Historically what he has done for the winmx community is monumental. Of course he had assistance from others but that does not detract from his accomplishments.
KM has a great deal of knowledge about winmx and he has a goodly slice of wisdom about him as well. Most things he has done I can understand. I wouldn’t want to run the website formerly known as winmxgroup and if I’d had a falling out with someone such as the falling out KM and Ghostship had, I sure as hell wouldn’t want my work being distributed by their website.
I’m only a little disappointed that KM wasn’t as constructive as perhaps he could have been initially, but that’s my problem and purely biographical.
As such let’s not turn this into another bitch log, let’s show the community what big boys and girls we all are and ignore the other nasty children that are calling us names and get on with the task at hand.

Le Wombat

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 07:27:58 am »
Here Here ST

Lest We Forget,

KM Like A Lot Of PPL Gave The Ultimate Sacrifice

Thats Not To Take Away From All The Others Who Have & Are Still Doing

This Is Not A Name, Blame & Flame Post, Merely A Statement Of Thanx To

KM For All The Good Work That He Had Applied In The Past To help Keep

Winmx Alive. I Like Many Others Are Truly Saddened That You Are Unable

To Still Apply That Same Amount Of Knowledge And Energy To The Cause.

I Do Not Wish To Turn This Post Into The Usual "He Did, She Did" Kinda Crap.

Rather To Dwell On The Positive That For Some Two Years He Was At The

Forefront Helping Alongside Others. I Was Also Privy to The Km Humour, Which

Was Possibly A Bit Too Direct For Most PPL. I'm Disappointed That You Now

Choose To Use Your Energy To Try And Destroy What You Have Helped To

Create. But, Maturity Comes With Age And look Forward To The Day When

Everyone Can Put Their Pride And Differences Behind Them. But For Now...

I Will Always Remember That Great Day In History When They Closed Us Down

And You Helped Ressurect It.

LONG LIVE WIN MX

GuestMax

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 07:43:50 am »
well, i know o wasnt coming back, and im not back,
i was told about thins, and had to see for myself if it was true,
the way i see it:
he gave us caches, and he took them away
he gave us wnmx, and he took it away
he gave us patches, and he took them away

the 1 thing he didnt want was MXPie to have total control,
well he has just handed it to them on a silver plate,
im thinking how long before you all cant connect?
enough said.
bye

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 07:59:35 am »
he gave us caches, and he took them away
he gave us wnmx, and he took it away
he gave us patches, and he took them away

the 1 thing he didnt want was MXPie to have total control,
well he has just handed it to them on a silver plate,
im thinking how long before you all cant connect?
enough said.

The real MXpie dont want full control and never did, they just didnt want KM having full control, a stance that KM keeps proving right over and over, handing too much power to a few individuals is dangerous and always has been, its a shame it taken the recent events to awaken ppl to this fact, thankfully some have had the forsight to begin working on a  patch to replace kms. The real Mxpie is connecting just fine thanks and is also blocking using the WmW blocklist, dont turn your annoyance with KM into potshots at Pie, this mess is KM's doing and nobody elses. Instead, try focusing a little positivity towards those who are currently woring hard on the community patch to replace both KMs patch and the pie auto patch, those folks need some support in amidst KM and co's attempts to put them down.

GuestMax

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 08:35:28 am »
i was not having a go at MXPie,
i was onlt stating what KM sems to have done,

i did test the MXPie in my robo, it connects a lot faster than the ws2_32dll
dll = 20-30 sec's to conect & then the list loads
MXPie 3.5 = within 3 sec's connected and list loading faster.

i dont use winmx, i havent for a long time, so i dont know on the blocking ability of it, so i can not comment.
thanks

-KM-

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 10:08:37 am »
He made the patch and we all helped him iron out the bugs, however when he decided he was going to "close MX" as he put it and closed the caches, this is the same man who was offering to help macrovision a few days ago, we have no more time for him, not do any here that care for mx.

Even as folks come to defend him he is damaging the roomlistings and exposing all your private searches on a site he runs, is this someone you want the rest of us to trust ?

I dont think so.

yet another change of story? and no doubt your minions will will continue to refuse to listen to facts, ignore common sense, and insist that because you said it it must be true that:
there are no problems connecting
the problems are caused by the caches deliberately by me, but then when the warning was pointed out that problem stopped
then the problems started being caused by the blocking that i put in the patch (apparently either you refer to the blocking that has *always* been in it and never caused a problem, or you admit to adding your own malware to it, but we are faithful to our leader ghost so will ignore that obvious fault)
then the lack of any problem is caused by WCS, which i believe if your latest change of story
and to add to it suddenly macrovision have never had access to the data their systems use to work, and all of a sudden my giving it a pretty GUI was what made them able to access this previously impossible to access data, right?

care to ignore me and refuse to answer yet again? or do you care to answer a few basic simple questions without trying to sidetrack the issue with more lies to sidetrack the issue, followed by claims that you answered and refuse to answer again?
(I asked a couple of simple true/false questions last night and it took an hour for him to answer a single one of them, and then he went and contradicted himself soon after whilst avoiding answering the second question - if you're wondering the one he answered he claimed there are no problems at all, something he is contradicting yet again in this thread)

Max: clearly that's a problem with your computer because there are no problems, and those problems are caused by me, and the lack of any problems doesn't exist, and anyone going in claiming their room full of people are noticing problems are all down to the individual computers all having an isolated problem that has not been heard about before... try and make some sense from those claims ghost has made repeatedly and your head will hurt, i guess that's why the (vl)admins on the site don't bother trying to see if his claims make any sense or not, and state openly that they don't give a fuck about anything except their dislike for me and couldn't care less what real problems are and just go with whatever ghosts latest clearly untrue claim is

As for why I got my patch removed from here - I did the exact same thing when vladd had a site exactly the same with exactly the same people running it in exactly the same way... I will not allow my code to be used to support sites that censor lie and generally make up whatever bullshit they can to cover up the fact they don't know jack shit but want to pretend they do and want the glory for other peoples knowledge

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 10:48:28 am »
quote from GhostShip Today at 04:29:05 am
Hell, kM is currently damaging the roomlistings causing pie to claim the whole networks under attack, also publicing folks private searches for files from his RIAA friendly server and bullying admins in the chat room with his friend Merlin, and this is always going to be the fault of others in your rose coloured eyes ?
pie would claim the network was under attack if someone broke wind and they thought they could scare ppl into using there patch ( history alone tells us all that much)
i also dont agree with KM one little bit if what you claim is going on as these actions are certainly not going to help anyone
but you also only have to look at history to know that carrying on this fued with KM was only ever going to end up this way so when you say
and this is always going to be the fault of others in your rose coloured eyes ?

you only have to look at posts on here b4 to realise that yes it is also the fault of others that we are where we are today
everyone knows what KM is like and capable of (and without doubt would do) so why push matters with him in the 1st place knowing this ???
i suspect some  recent arivals here already had this in mind anyway judging by there posts about him because it served there own purpose to a tee to ruffle his feathers knowing what he would do

quote from GhostShip Today at 04:29:05 am
Smell the coffe and wise up, whatever anyone here does it will never excuse him abusing the users or their trust, to damage the network or folks enjoyment of it.

quite true it will never excuse his recent actions but also if a few more ppl took your advise and had a few sniffs of that coffee then they would have ignored him and not inflamed the situation further knowing full well what would happen..... its all well and good blaming big bad chocolate god now ...but several others should also look to there own actions in contributing to this as well.

quote from ñòóKýçrÕôK Today at 06:08:53 am
Where have you been hiding at?? Noone is belittling KM more than he is belittling himself. Accusations of censorship still unproven in my opinion just because the disgusting thread he started is STILL allowed to continue. Yes I locked it. Not in censoring but to avoid more friends from hopefully devided on an undecided issue.

hideing at nooky ???  by your own words there belittling has been going on & to what end ??? yep i know it got us where we are now trying to paddle up that creak using bare hands .......brilliant tactics from the ppl who claim to know better and in a position of authority here ehh ?.... just served to get us here faster ( but this was known all along by anyone with half a brain & the inclination to run things in this direction to suit there own purposes)
as for locking the thread all that served was others to be started because the damage was already done and ppl will have there say  in this thread  or any other they choose to post so nothing was achieved by doing so except causing more accusations of censorship in taking that action
as for being divided on a undecided issue lockin a thread isnt waving a magic wand and putting a stop to it is it ?? all it does is annoy the ppl that wanted there say all the more
also in future if you must lock threads at least post in the thread the reasoning for this instead of locking it without a word ....as several ppl thought they was banned from posting untill they checked closer or asked what was going on realising only then it was locked

Accusations that WMW admins are passing out trojan programs to script kiddies in the room?? Utter bull and you know it as well as any. The only crap he's had to take is the crap he dished out himself being shoveled back into his face. He has no respect for any memeber of this group and has little problem or gives the appearence of little problem with trying to belittle you or myself either.

i agree with you on the point about these accusations being utter bull but in saying
The only crap he's had to take is the crap he dished out himself being shoveled back into his face
does this make the people doing it back any better than him  ?? i dont think so
as for no respect ..... wake up please ... he never did have but ppl were more than happy to agree with him when it suited them so why claim its so bad now it dosent suit ?(you cant have it all ways)

He pulled his caches because he wasn't allowed to act like a jackass to whomever he decided to be a jackass to that day. He didn't get what he wanted and still isn't so now he's taking his toys and going home
strange that when the admins here gave totaly diffrent reasons at the time even thanking him and understanding his reasoning for doing so ( ohh how things are soon forgoton & changed around to suit ...... either that or it was all a cover up to begin with ...something else that was obvious even at the time)
as someone else posted it wasent the 1st time he done this so its not like no one was forewarned of things to come was it now?

I say go away to him. Go away big KM baby and take your little toys with you WinMX god wannabe. Pull the pkug?First of all I refuse to believe you could "pull the plug" and secondly, "pulling the plug" is his last ditch effort to get what he wants. Why do you think he's "pulling" the plug.
so much for no one belittling  ehh
why taunt KM further by posting the above knowing full well it will get a response one way or another ? I know it you do and everyone that knows him also knows this will just inflame things further
as supervisors & assistant supervisors dont you think saying less about KM would be the more sensible route to take given what has already happened due to previous posts about him ?

All KM wants is chaos and commotion in all this so he can say "See what I told you??? I was right! I was right all along!!". Don't give him that.
i think everyone knows this nooky i even posted myself months back about the dangers of one person having so much power but was shot down in flames back then because KM was superman to all at that time & i was predicting rubbish & berated for it
i dont like to say i told you so but ..................

quote from ..Ñøßߥ.. Today at 06:33:04 am
this is one of the reasons it was SO important to get a new patch written and ready, and another goood illustration of why open source is so desirable.
i agree there has always been a need for a backup i have always said this ( although i dont agree with it being o/s but thats another matter)
this has never been a issue in my eyes since the very 1st patch was made after frontcode pulled out its always good planning to have a plan b whatever situation you are in its just the what whys and wherefores that have been the stumbling blocks the main one it being all decided by a select few and not the comunity as a whole but as a majority are only botherd that they can connect i supose that dosent really matter... right?  except that when decided in this way there will always be a case for ppl to point fingers

quote from ..Ñøßߥ.. Today at 06:33:04 am
although im sure there will be a few remaining KM supporter who will still back him blindly even with his ever growing list of abuses, i hope these folks do not push away the remaining programming talent and in doing so
im no more a supporter of KM than i am of anyone else to be honest ..... it wasent so long back a lot of ppl here were backing him to the hilt though even knowing what he was capable of and turning a blind eye when it suited.... its all well and good going on about him & abusing him but to what end ? more retaliation & problems ...... is it really worth doing so ? i think letting things lie and moving on would be the wiser choice for all concerned
perhaps even answering a few of his questions into the bargain might help
whilst im no more a supporter of KM than i am of anyone else i am still indebbted to him for all he had done for winmx & the comunity as a whole in the past as im sure a lot of others are .....after all the patches.....wcs .....and all the technical advise given by him has been a inspiration to many to try follow suit in keeping winmx alive & without this where would we all be today ??? no one can answer but i guess a few will try lol
ghost ..... KM ...... please lets try come to some kind of amicable solution putting aside all the diffrences & starting on a level platform with a clean slate & sod all the anti KM and anti ghost ship ppl ..... you are both clever enough to know it makes sense pack the egos in a bag have a chat and im sure others will follow suit ( myself included) if you are bothered about the comunity im sure this will be possible (even if a little difficult at 1st)
im sorry if i have offended anyone but after some real bad news yesterday a belly full of beer last night and a major hangover this morning sod it i dont care  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DMCA Notification Received By WinmxWorld

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx