gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:39:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  unwelcome pests
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: unwelcome pests  (Read 30370 times)

Micromecca

Re: unwelcome pests
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 09:59:42 pm »
I have edited out our channel name as we do not wish our channel to be directly involved in this thread

Regards

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 11:02:46 pm »
Continuing this thread will only add fuel to the spammers fire anyway....as even negative attention to some ppl is attention all the same. move on and do something a little more constructive like build upon your room as i think everyones got the point now about this thread.... all the while there is winmx there will be idiots who try to spoil it for others its the way of the world accept it and move onwards and upwards 

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 11:37:05 pm »
can i ask how im supposed to carry on since ive been cloned 5 times because i certainly aint changing my name for noone ive built my reputation up on panther a cloner aint going to put that in jeopardy

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:00 am »
if you have built up a reputation some lame assed cloner isnt going to make a diffrence to it panther ....you are taking this way to personal and letting this person/people get to you to much
log there activities ... ban them .... scan the ips for any simularities etc ...in the end they will slip up & when they do that is the time to take action.... either by fair means or foul (personaly i prefer the  latter for asses like this)   continue to build your room & dont let them ruin this for you. ppl will know soon as they get these pms etc what fools they are 4 sure

Offline rav1960

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2007, 06:12:18 am »
hi everyone ive had the same problem in my room with this spammer i think its rude and unwanted. why would you spend ur time doing this its beyound me.. i just hope this stops and we can all just get on with it

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2007, 03:30:05 pm »
i have made efforts to trace this cloner, he/she/it uses mainly proxies from Korea, China & Japan as well as a UK one, and uses names including tags of other rooms, no doubt many of us will be cloned, even banning the entire IP range seems to hold him out until he re-logs a new proxy host, like he did 3 times last night.
my bet is its a teenager with daddys pc finding it has a proxy on it he thinks he's an ace hacker, but he's only an annoyance.
lets hope daddy changes his password on the pc soon.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »
Got hit by the clone spammer tonight but this time his/her ip was not hidden behind a proxy but was still swearing etc here the ip and username hopefully someone can now match it and then we can move on, several rooms got hit not just mine

¤º/\/\4µº¤  £öõkìñg****_**** (84.**.***.**) (DSL 1402 files) has entered

Edited: ip addy to protect the user as we do not advertise ips Silicon_toad

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2007, 05:24:34 am »
i can appreciate the need to protect decent peoples ips but this person has been attacking rooms on winmx for weeks and seemed to have finally slipped up this person aint worth protecting with the vile stuff he has been doing latley he is no diff to to others who have been attacking the network and had their ips exposed  :?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31:15 pm »
HI Birdman

All Ips have been removed as soon as we have seen them.

I understand personally why you want them left for everyone to see. However the only thing we do is to protect all users and remove the ip addys. If anyone is after the ip addys it can be done through an im to you personally as you have the information and only put the user name up. As I have seen many times that username's have been copied and it wasn't them. I have had this done to me and others have as well.

All you will need to do is to post that you have the information if required and please im me and that you will get back to them soon enough. Especially since it is from a spammer.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

jack-o-lantern

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:35 am »
don't be fooled the spammer is birdamn from DMZ - has done it many times before - and will do it again

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 11:12:38 am »
As we all know prevention is better than cure so I would urge you all to refine your bot software to deal a blow to those using caps, spamming web addresses and generally using obnoxious language, the next level of protection is to use a program such as PG that has all the proxy lists on it , only the chat host has to do this though not anyone else and with these two measures combined the annoyance factor that this recent rash of spamming produces will become more than tolerable if not invisible.

Highbury-Gooner

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »
In reply to Jack-O-Lantern,

Its ppl like you that do not know their A from their E that create more problems than we have , ive known BM for a few years now and if you knew the upset all the accusations has caused then you may like to think before you blirt out names. At the end of the day , nobody at present knows who the spammer/spammers are , its this type of witch hunt that takes away the enjoyment of mx, i could sit here and reel off names that have entered our room, and ppl who have pm'd me using insulting language but that would be wrong 4 me to do that as like many ppl i dont know 4 sure if it is who it says it is.

Highbury-Gooner

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 10:18:34 pm »
It appears that someone has indicated that they have hard evidence that BM from DMZ is the spammer. Surely if you are 100% certain that he is the spammer then you should come forward and share that info. If you dont then what the hell has he been banned for.
Now as i dont always assume what ive been told is true , i can only ask the question, so this question is 4 u Ghostship, if you do have something then it should be left on the table for us all to see, if not then this silly ban should be lifted. I cant help thinking that people are bowing to pressure from certain ppl and their following to get innocent ppl into trouble.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2009, 09:31:19 am »
Gooner dont make the mistake of thinking you can tell myself or anyone else on the forum what to do and when, also try reading the forum, I have stated that I will when all the hubbub has died down make plain the facts as to why Birdman your friend is no longer welcome here, and please stop with the "what a nice guy" routine, its no secret that he has been waging a chat room war for the last two years with another room, btw a question should not be a demand.

Highbury-Gooner

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:54 am »
In reply to you Ghostship

I dont think i have told you what to do , i merely asked a question and i dont seem any harm in me asking for the evidence you have taken the step of banning him so im asking if it is you that has proof then you should be able to say here and now what has happened to cause this, rather than playing god and dictating you will show the evidence when you feel fit. With regards to waging wars, even if BM has issues with certain ppl ( from a certain room/rooms) then we then have to ask why that is, and if you feel that someone retaliating to provokation is wrong then im glad you would never be my solicitor in court! Tit for Tat i think you will find. There is no smoke without fire for sure but the other parties that are involved in these diputes are not angels. So to blame one person is unfair and the court in which you reside needs burning down and rebuilding.

Highbury-Gooner

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2009, 11:49:07 am »
Oh and in addition to that remark at the end of your last post Ghost.

I WANT THAT ANSWER RIGHT NOW, I WANT THAT EVIDENCE!!   now thats a demand. I figure you dont have very good social skills huh??

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2009, 12:12:58 pm »
Hi Highbury-Gooner

I WANT THAT ANSWER RIGHT NOW, I WANT THAT EVIDENCE!!   now thats a demand. I figure you dont have very good social skills huh??

I can understand everyones frustration at this particular time. We are all busy. We are all on top of this and trying to work through areas of concern with a lot of rooms. This sort of demand is not needed like this. Your particular questions might not be answered as you want it however, please be aware that as soon as any infomation is posted at the moment everyone including myself is getting jumped on.

As soon as we can I am sure that information will be given out.

Thanks for understanding.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Highbury-Gooner

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2009, 12:25:53 pm »
Hi Tig, all i was saying in my last entry was that is how a demand looks and i did not put it like that in the earlier post, i was just asking why it was such a big deal when the facts apparently are there. And can i further that by saying if the facts are not there then surley its only fair to have left things as they were( i.e no banning users in here until its proved) just seems a little unfair to me .
And furthers the opinion of other users that Ghostship must be in a relationship with a member from a certain room otherwise this whole debate would not seem to be so one sided.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2009, 04:25:08 pm »
I repeat your talking from ignorance, be patient and please tell birdman that having you and his other friends post here wil not benefit him.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »
This is why I said to leave the spamming alone and up to the hosts to come together to find a solution. WinMX wasnt meant for one person, or a group of people to moderate the chat rooms. Hosts are the owners of the rooms and have the authority to make changes. We will give advice, but not demand anything from anyone. We have our own room, and you have yours.

I do not know why we need people coming into the room and posting things about the spammer name and IP address. Seems pointless to me.

Way back before WinMXWorld, there was no forum to post that someone is spamming in your room, you just had to find a way to deal with it. Thats how it was, and is, always supposed to be.

(I will wait for somone to pick out some things from what I said to come back at me, since someone always does).

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  unwelcome pests

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx