gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 01:11:22 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake files...weird files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake files...weird files  (Read 2510 times)

zazafromjohor

Fake files...weird files
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:55:16 am »
have reconnected to primary since the new patch came out... I am getting strange files:

1 - files name becomes long as a sentence!!! I.E.: albumwrap artist name- file name - albumwrap -artist name- file name .mp3

2- Files size are pretty amazing: 2 hours DJ set @ 192 can weight 512kb.
when you play them the 30 first second are looped over two hours!!!  

3- complete downloaded files seems to resurect themselses giving me lots of duplicate files.  

What is going on??? Am I being targeted???  
pls, can anyone help on those issues  

RGDS
zazafromjohor

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Fake files...weird files
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 01:22:42 pm »
zazafromjohor,
That is a fake file you have downloaded. I myself have downloaded many of these before becoming wise :) . Now keep in mind when you download....

for audio files of 128 bitrate..     1mb = approx 1 min or so.
Most files are not less than 1.5 to 2 mb. See the track size(in MB) to the length(in min) ratio. If it is between 0.75 to 1.3 then it's probably alright. If not then it may fake and is almost surely when the ratio is less than 0.5. keep in mind it's for 128 bit.

To prevent this, use -c: -user in the second line of all your searches. This keeps the fake files out. For more details, read some of the other posts in fake files

for video files of 640*320, 1 min is approx 10 min. The ratio of size in mb to time in min must be more than 8 and no upper limit. Use peer gurdain for preventing this and don't worry about the file. Just delete it and continue to use Winmx.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:30:10 pm »
Oh and one more thing for all files, generally there is no upper limit to their size. your album will be 60-90 mb in 128 bitrate. But can go as high as 200-230 mb for a 320 bitrate. But you rarely find files of mp3 larger than 130 mb. By far till now , 128 is the most common bitrate i have seen
Patch link :

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:57:18 pm »
There is an upper limit on file sizes imposed by WinMX itself, it can't handle any file over 2GB.. not likely to be a problem with mp3 files, but possibly one with video & some other file types
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 06:50:28 am »
it can't handle any file over 2GB..

Pity. That may be one of the reasons for a slow coming back of users. Most Dvd movies are over 2 gb and so are many games. These are one of the main magnets for the users of any P2P. In quite a few other P2p eg: Bittorrent... you have files over 20gb:(. people may have not known this then and now when Winmx shut, they might have found this out and must have got their alternative P2Ps :(. Mabye that's why they aren't coming back. They may have found better P2P  (Ya right !:\)
I mean you can find about this site if you google Winmx or if you go Wikipedia..... :(. I came to know about this site through Wikipedia you know. Wanted to find out why I couldn't get connected. I had winmx for all that time. Whenever I went to another p2p, I would first try Winmx. And hope... in march it came true........ :)
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:46:05 pm »
why not download a video file that has been compressed well instead of a badly compressed mpeg file? i hate those huge mpegs...

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 06:01:38 pm »
What's the difficulty in sharing these huge files as multi-part .zip or .rar archives? Pity it might be, but there's nothing that can be done, unless you know someone that can write a replacement for winmx.. the program itself imposes the limit, & even if it didn't, anyone using it with win 9x would face the same limit, imposed by the operating system
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 12:32:52 pm »
How can you compress Video files? Please tell me some software. I have Winzip and Winrar. How can you find them? I mean if i search, how can i identify them.
Patch link :

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake files...weird files

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx