gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:18:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  How is the new patch coming along?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How is the new patch coming along?  (Read 21001 times)

Offline patch

• Forum Member
Re: How is the new patch coming along?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 10:02:32 am »
ghostship: so what you are saying is that winmxworld can't figure out how to do anything?

you have stolen a full instruction manual on how to make a peer cache, but can't figure out how to make one?
you have a fully functional patch to look at and see working, and can't figure out how to copy it?

so what exactly is it that you are able to do? (except lie of course, which you have shown you are quite capable of doing, even if you're not very good a it and have therefore had to recruit censorship experts from mxlie to help you with trying to cover up your lies)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 10:06:29 am »
Zero you dont seem to have a correct grasp of how WinMx works  I,m afraid  :?

Unkike many other P2P networks WinMx is "decentralised", that means the users are the network, there is no central server and winmx does not offer in its protocol the facility to either check users files when they connect to the peer cache or the facility as the sofyware currently stands to block user at the peer cache level , although some individual cache operators are able to perhaps block a selected IP with a third party firewall but as most conections are DSL types its not really feasilbe to expect this to be properly effective without impacting on other users.

Give this a read

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn.html

Oh and Merry Xmas  :D

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 10:18:30 am »
KM aka "Patch", you have made your bed in attacking winmx users, I am not here to continualy clear up your mess as you seem to wish.

Please read the entire thread  as some answers to your questions are found in it.

It would help matters if you stopped attacking the network and its users from both my own and your own perspectives, whilst I freely admit I have many useful programs constructed by yourself over the years I have always utilised them for the common good of the network and have at no stage abused the trust folks have in me, in short there is no point becoming erratic and angry becasse you no longer wished to aid the network, everyone here is more than happy to reflect on the good programs you have constructed to save the network, it puzzles me why you are suprised they are being used for what you designed them for.

Merry Xmas to you too btw even if you have of late become sour with winmx and disrespectful of those wishing to use it.

Offline patch

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 11:04:17 am »
i wanted you to correct your deceptive comments

anyone reading your post can clearly see you are trying to decieve users in to thinking that a simple primary filtering patch (which is easy to impliment, yet still took you months to figure that out) is in some way equal to a functional filtering patch

for example you make it clear that filtering for secondary users is the difficult part, then try to indicate that this is not possible to do and that's why you can't do it - when it is not only possible, but is done by the winmxgroup patch - attempting to decieve users in to thinking that you can copy what the winmxgroup patch does just that releasing the source to those parts is dangerous

btw, are you now claiming that you lied when you told users that releasing the source code to a filtering patch was safe? remember who it was stating that the source to it should not be released because of the danger of the information of primary operations being released - and who it was that lied claiming that such information is safe? please refresh everyones memory on that would you...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 11:13:53 am »
Yes KM I would be happy to , I have stated that releasing the src to either your patch or a patch in the same fashion as yours is dangerous, if you need help with understanding the difference between the patch architectures under discussion please give me time to fabricate a few pictures to show you what the differences are.

Not knowing the difference between the patch architectures is actually making me think I have made a mistake in stating you are KM, he would know the difference, so perhaps I shall go back to calling you Patch and in that case remind you to watch your manners on this forum, KM is a friend who I may take crap from but if your not him your treading on thin ice.

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 03:35:19 pm »
To be honest i think now is the time to ask once again what users are actually thinking when they read this. Ghostship for some time now i have been thinking that WinMxWorld have not been telling all of the users the whole truth. Why not accept what is in front of you and that is that of WinMx World can not help WinMx no more.

There is one person who could help (KM) but he does not want to because of the abuse. I have read topics many times over and on more than one occasion you have made them look stupid. I Know how the network works i know there is no central server, but you do not know that WinMx died when Frontcode shut down the Peer Caches.

I do not decieve myself where as you Ghostship on the other hand do. You want to believe that your godlike powers one day will help WinMx and i think persoanlly you are living in a dream world.

Further more could i ask you to ask your good friend KM to help out once more because one way or another he did help and still could.

Sort yourselves out and tell us the truth.

CAN YOU HELP OR NOT?
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 11:08:10 pm »
lmao@zero cool

get out of the kitchen boi you are way too close to the fire
Ghostship owns this site and has made all of this available to you. He never stops helping winmx. Anymore personal insults directed at him or admin of this site will have consequences for you.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 12:07:52 am »
Ok Zero_Cool... I will tell you the truth.. KM has been nothing but nasty to us. Have you ever been in the firing line? Most of the people that help people have. We have always had KM start on us and never the other way around.

I have walked in on chats and seen KM go off admins as well as the regular users.

Yes he is the one that has created the patch. But acts like a kid when it comes to abusing people and are we all meant to take it?

We can help with our own solution but it is matter of time.

We are meant to be in a season that is meant to be in a festive but yet again we are all abusing each other.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 12:17:28 am »
Cheers for watching my corner Valor, Zero is it seems like a lot of the current crop of "wannado,s" who come here talking like they want to help the network and then do a u-turn when you explain the facts of life to them and that not everything is going to be handed to them on a plate.

Whilst I admit I enjoy the more technical aspects of winmx it seems some people are still on the first rung of the ladder in reading what is posted here and understanding some of the more informed language thats used to try to pass on essential knowledge down the chain, its never been a site policy to hold back those who show promise in an area that will benefit our community, this then makes commentary such as that posted above all the more annoying, not only in that I find it lame and offensive but it also ensures more negativity is generated by these types of poster that in reality is reflected upon the community in general, they seem under the impression that they  hold the trust of many without even making any effort to put any work into gaining the trust of the users, no hard work = no respect,

Whilst I am easily stung by lame comments I will still be here when the folks need me or my knowledge when such posters have gone, those who support this site in the form of the numerous assistant and full supervisors all do important support work for the community and get little praise for it and together as a team we can move mountains, this has been shown time and again, dont let yourself be confused by the laid back attitude of some folks, this is a winmx support site and we shall continue to support winmx in the best way we can and in a manner that benefits the majority of the users, they are who I answer to, those coming here to deliver drama and other "look at me ma" speeches should remember that whilst I my lead the charge now and then in many discussions I do so with the confidence of support from the rest of the team here.

No one should make the mistake of thinking I do everything on this site, whilst I have done a lot of good work in my own eyes, this site  relies on like minded winmx supporters who have shown their skill in patiently helping others often without fanfare or publicity, the server does not look after its self, what about the peer cache operators ?
Ask yourself again what of the folks who each day of the year check for new flooders to keep the dll users protected, what about the chat room staff who spend hour upon hour helping folks who are often clueless but willing to learn the ropes, and although small, we do have a coding staff who I consult with,  all these participants hold the same core belief in both winmxs future  and their role in supporting it, perhaps you should look deeper into the questions your asking to be answered Zero, they reflect more on your lack of confidence in the survival of winmx than any comments directed at me or my activities.

If you are truly sincere in your concerns then pitch in and help others where you can, when everyone does the same thing its suprising how fast an army is assembled and make no mistake, the folks who use winmx are not picked from the stupid tree.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 01:02:42 am »
Well done KM, I see you have taken time out of your busy schedule of abusing the site, me personallly, and playing games with users, to drum up some sympathy for yourself, and Im sure your thrilled to see its worked, at least on Zero here.

btw.. cant you be more creative with signing me up for dozens of sites from winmxworld emails, seriously Factory Welding Associations?!?

Zero Im very disappointed in you, I had more faith in you then to spend sometimes hours of ppls time from the site and room trying to give you a better grasp of things only for you to come spouting waffle like this and insulting ppl unjustly.  Congratulations for being KMs next victim, his monthly 'I'm bored, lets see what distractions I can create' has worked on you. 

I have to agree with Silicon in that, it's obvious, you certainly dont have any idea of what abuse KM has distributed to just about anyone he felt like abusing for the last year and what persons took the brunt of that abuse in order to 'keep the peace for the users sake'. 

If you think that WinMX World is not helping users and is of no use to anyone anymore your not paying very close attention to the work thats obviously going on here.  Your making posts based on your assumptions and your not very well informed assumptions at that.  Its an insult to all of those Ghost mentions that work tiredlessly for what? 

The users thats what.

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:39 am »
I will now take the time to appologise after reading what i had wrote it does seem that i do not know the full story. On that note i would like to say sorry to who ever i have insulted, the only other thing i would like to ask and it may help me understand things more can someone please explain with proof what KM as done to attack users and WinMx World.

On a more posative note i really really like WinMx (Maybe even LOVE) and it breaks my heart to see eberything looking like its going to waste.

ME HERE
You know me better than nearly everyone here we have had personal chats about WinMx and both feel the same. I know KM as an evil side and i have noticed that over the last so many months he as shown bits of it.

Ghostship
I do mean a sorry to you as i did know you and many other put alot of work into this site. Please find it in your heart to let this one slip by and take my word that i will think twice next Time.

Untill Next post
Sorry and speak soon
System(s) Configuration

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 02:26:21 pm »

I have to agree with Silicon in that, it's obvious, you certainly dont have any idea of what abuse KM has distributed to just about anyone he felt like abusing for the last year and what persons took the brunt of that abuse in order to 'keep the peace for the users sake'. 

Not to mention countless other examples of attacks on Winmx users, chat channels, websites and ofc the distribution of nushi poison the the creation and leaking of chat attack. Seriously zero, KM's wrap sheet is as long as your arm, but cause he has the ability to also help the community, until more recently when he has so publically shown his colours many have swept his chequered history under the rug. In many ways im glad he turned on the community its at least highlighted for all the REAL Km, and now the community can attempt to find new solutions and move forward, even if at a somewhat slower pace.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 06:39:45 pm »
  I really dont think it's wise to jump on zero cool for speaking up for 'the community'. After all ya'll did promise, when wmw and winmxgroup severed their ties, that you were gonna take steps to take back control of the wpn. All he and the rest of us want to know is when is that gonna happen. It's my understanding that KM shot those 1xxx ips into the network just to prove a point, that the cache software needs to be updated with blocking capabilities, or am i missing something here. I'm having a problem seeing how KM is attacking the community by lashing out because of his anger with wmw staff. The community is getting hit by ya'lls problems with KM and his need to point out what the networks vulnerbitlities are. (fxs users are the ones that really got f***ed over this time). I find it insulting that over and over its stated in these threads the we 'the community' dont understand how this all works so we should shut up and go on our way. KM what you shouldve done back in June is keep winmxgroup open even if you did sever with wmw, and reach out into the community for help running it because guess what we 'the community' were not in the loop here either and like zero cool and myself we have the time, the money and the knowlege to help you guys out. Well it's too late for that now i guess. Dont be mistaken I'm not a big fan of KM's either, I do believe that the way he's handled himself sometimes is unprofessional because ive seen it but like all programmers their tech skills are alot better than their people skills. Also, I think that as long as we all are using his patch, cache software, chatserver (obviously cause no one can come up with anything better) that we should show him some respect and not blame him for every damn thing that happens on wpn. Seriously this is getting old and i hope for the new year coming that we can move on and improve wimmx starting at the point at where were most vulnerable (which KM, like it or not, has already pointed out).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone from MOVIE MADNESS  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:36 am »
I do think its wise to remind people that they along with us are part of the community and that being so they should show respect for other users such as myself and the rest of the team here, are we not entilted to some form of civility ?

I take umbrage too with your claim that we "promised" to take over the WPN, this is not a stated aim of this site, we will always do our best to support the network in as many ways as we can but this does not mean the same as "taking it over"

It seems you make complaints Raven about us complaining you dont understand some of the issues and then clearly demonstrate this for us in your reply, you say KM was demonstrating a "weakness" in the peercahes, this weakness was already known as KM had already mentioned it at the time of his public cache release so what now do you claim is his justification ?

Do users here launch ddos attacks on him because they are demonstrating the weakness of his connection ?

What suprises me time and again is that some users read a few posts here and there and then come here to speak on something they have read thats incorrect as if we have to answer to then for their misconceptions regarding how both the network works and why their ideas are fatally flawed, If you had done a little more research Raven you would be aware that injecting the 1.x.x.x traffic into the primary network causes not one but three issues (peer cache poisoning, network fragmentation, and client crashing) if you feel KM is some kind of uber brain for abusing something that is a known vunerability I fear you may be one of the people that listen too much to his famous speechs that go something like this "they have admitted they dont know what they are doing" or this " they dont have a clue"  something he often states but is far from the case.

You state we should improve the networks most vunerable area which you further state is the connecting phase, this was done many months ago and publicised on the "how the patch works" tutorial page as well as the news page at the time, this involved adding multiple redundant dns addresses to the patch your now running, should this site go down you will not fail to connect, we took this simple step as soon as a fix for KM's "leaving present" was delivered.

Are we here not entitled to use the enormous amount of technical research we have gathered to the best advantage of the users when it comes to informing users of pitfalls and problems and their cause ? Should we hide under a bush each time a bully comes calling who wants to disrupt the network "because they can", I,m all for a peaceful life and having some fun here but rolling over for anyone attacking the network "because they can" is not something I plan to do and I,m sure many folks agree with me that exposing those who are disrupting the network for their own ends is something beneficial to the community.

Whilst I use the winmxgroup made patch I am happy in my mind that what made the filtering possible was first the concept of the flooders weakness mentioned to KM by The flooder detection team (mainly a user called "7" of the old Mxcentral site ) and my own protocol research that KM was handed before he made his filtering patch , this is called teamwork, thats the real concept that Zero missed, we need to stick together in defending the network against all attackers, and that does not mean just us on the site here, I may make a few speeches here and there but the power behind the words come from chat room users and admins and are based on problems and concerns they bring to our attention, we are all in this together and I expect the same commitment from the users as they expect from us, its good that folks question things and dont follow blindly, but turning a blind eye and "showing respect" to someone attacking the entire network is not something I feel has any merit and I advise you to think over what you posted above, apeasment does not work.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 07:28:50 am »
  What i meant by taking control was that i was under the impression you would be putting your own patch, software in place so that KM doesnt have us all by the jingleballs. I guess i was mistaken. I also did not say that zero cool should go off on his own but asking questions and making suggestions, like hiring a coder to get the job done isnt a bad idea. Well since you speak for wmw and speak about winmxgroup matters and now speak for 'the community' i guess everything you say is right and theres nothing more to be said so .......

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 12:18:04 pm »
Everytime i have seen anyones posts that suggest ideas on how we can improve WinMx, they have been down spoken by members of WinMx World. In my eyes this is not fair as everyone should be able to have their say.

I have ro agree with raven not because he spoke up for me but because he knows more than me about these issues and can understand at least slightly where i am coming from. If there is nothing you can do at the moment how long will we have to wait until something is done.

I personally either way will still use WinMX it does not bother me if filtering is enabled or not but i know to other users it does matter that the only reason i try and suggest things. From now on i am just going to agree with everything else everyone else says.

At the moment i am trying to sort something out my broadband. When that is sorted i will start and share to WinMx again and even more so code and design WinMx Add ons.

If all i can do is make little things better than thats better than nothing.

Thanks
Zero Cool
System(s) Configuration

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 09:06:46 am »
From now on i am just going to agree with everything else everyone else says.

All users called Zero_Cool should send Nobby £100,000  ;)

and even more so code and design WinMx Add ons.

Might i make a suggestion? How about a nice open source patch with built in blocking and filtering :)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 09:48:35 am »
Lol thats more of the spirit i was looking for mate lol.
System(s) Configuration

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »
nobby; open souce patch to close source software == bad (winmx obviously has issues... that an open souce patch could make worse)

entirely open souce client == good...

in other words... lets give this time shall we?

however i wouldnt mind a -configurable- patch... one with an .ini file for instance that let the end use pick/choose the cache servers of their choice... (that would fix the one person having control problem)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 09:20:51 pm »
  I really like that idea. After all thats the way chat servers are headed with fxs beta and ouka you can add the caches to configs. Why not do that same with the patch.  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  How is the new patch coming along?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx