gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 05:27:01 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Conected, Post Here  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Still Not Conected, Post Here
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 12:50:49 am »
Not only has KM fixed the issue with the crashes he has also created a *.dll that works with your 98/ME systems so that you can get the same great speeds connecting that the WinMX once had..

The fix for the crashing and the 98/ME users patch are all in the same installer located here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

Just follow the instructions that go along with this installation as you go. and restart WinMX...

Keep in mind that this .DLL for 98/ME has no block list function and all primary users on those systems should be using Sherwood, found in our forum under Other Software..

Thanks to KM for getting this done so that all users can get online fast and easy.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 12:17:17 pm »
Funny, if he's "fixed" the crashes, then why is mine still crashing when I leave the .dll in? I've been using 3.54 beta 4 for half a year now and have the latest "fix" d/l'd. My XP doesn't like it and MX keeps crashing. If I use the 2.6 PP w/o the .dll then I have no problems. But you can't say that km has fixed the crashing problem when it's obvious he hasn't. Half the people say it works and half say it doesn't.
To err is human, to forgive this computer... sooooo not me.

Tatman

Some success
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 01:45:34 pm »
Quote from: InTheMx
Funny, if he's "fixed" the crashes, then why is mine still crashing when I leave the .dll in? I've been using 3.54 beta 4 for half a year now and have the latest "fix" d/l'd. My XP doesn't like it and MX keeps crashing. If I use the 2.6 PP w/o the .dll then I have no problems. But you can't say that km has fixed the crashing problem when it's obvious he hasn't. Half the people say it works and half say it doesn't.

or the problem that the latest patch wont run at all (see message above), but thanks for trying to get us all back on board.

I seem to have come up with an ad hoc fix for my Desktop, by changing the ports as sugested and using the 1.2 patch sometimes however it fails to make coany connections on the upload side (timing them all out)

I have tried mapping the port settings to the wireless router but still cant send/ recieve TCP/UDP packets - Should the host I.P. address be that of each computer or my static DNS address provided by my ISP? :?

steve

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 02:59:11 pm »
InTheMx wrote:
Funny, if he's "fixed" the crashes, then why is mine still crashing when I leave the .dll in?

Because unless you download the install 1.9.exe from the WinMXGroup page you dont have the "fixed" .dll.
If you have downloaded that exe and installed and are still having crashes please give us the error information here.

Tatman,
The install 1.9 was giving many people grief uploading and not getting downloaded completely, if your didnt run after you downloaded it please try the download again.

This file should be 1.32mb in size when download is complete,, if its not you dont have the full download..

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 05:21:58 pm »
The "latest fix" means just that, the Install 1.9. If you look at the times I post it is in relationship to the whatever the lastest "fix" might be at the time. I totally took out everything I had in my WinMX folder and installed 1.9, did a dns flush just in case and MX was up for all of 8 minutes the first time and maybe two minutes every other time afterwards. The same mircosoft error pops up and WinMX crashes. I even tried it with different hosts files including the original that came with the computer and get the same results each time (and yes, I do a dns flush each time).

Maybe the hosts files "restrict me to specific peer caches" (i.e. the PiePatch or the Italian's original hosts file), but at least I connect. Having more peer caches and not connecting for more than two minutes at a time doesn't do me any good. The 1.9 patch also touts "this patch also contains additional features for XP/200 users such as blocking the RIAA that should help the network out a lot" and that's why I wrote in another posting that why can't we have updated hosts files instead of a patch that does everything but wash dishes. It's trying to do everything at once and not working very well since I can't stay connected. I can use PeerGuardian and other proggys to try to keep RIAA at bay.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 05:24:14 pm »
Ok , ty for the info

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 05:50:27 pm »
I can see why you're confused, "me here". I thought I had gone into detail about the 1.9 patch in the string "Connect Problem" but my posts and several others were deleted because a guest was complaining with several derogatory words (I won't repeat) about the 1.9 and it not working for him. Another guest (or could have been him too since they don't leave their names) left their email addy asking me specifically to email him instructions on how to install the pie patch. Not only did I send him the instructions, but the 3.54 beta 4 version of MX and the PiePatch itself. I would say about 8 or 9 posts were cut out after his little swearing tirade and even though ours were not profane, they would have looked funny out of context.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 06:12:54 pm »
InTheMX,
Yes your correct posts with email addresses and swearing where deleted.

I have serious concerns regarding the PIE Patch, and have been watching this closely

https://www.winmxgroup.com/check.php
Caches:
Are PIE Patch caches, my concern is in watching these over the last week, they are continuing to deliberately block secondary users connections, by their development teams own admission.

This is causing more damage to the WinMX Peer network then I can possibly explain in one small post.  Related to the fact that the RIAA does NOT require our caches to connect, they are attaching themselves to the primaries making them unstable, and blocking the secondary connections deliberately of real users allows thousands of them an hour to connect.  Helping to destroy what we all work so hard to get back.
I have been taking screen shots of  this activity for almost 24 hours now and out of this time they have turned on the secondary connections for approx 1.5 hours total.  This has been going on for weeks..

Although I want you to connect, and if the PIE patch is your choice, due to the issues with the *.dlls I am glad, but until this policy which we have asked them to correct of blocking secondaries is stopped, I will not be letting the thousands of readers that come  here each day, be told to use those caches..

My hope is  that you have some understanding that both teams with fixes have worked very hard, nothing is perfect yet by any means.. As I have mentioned before its not like Frontcode called us up and said we are leaving in a few weeks.. get your fixes ready.. this was all done fly by nite to save MX from being another target of the RIAA.

So yes if your using the PIE patch and  that works thats great, they have a forum where they would love you to help people continue to use it, This is not their forum, and until they give up this practice of allowing the RIAA attack MX, then for the good of the majority any information recommending the PIE patch using those caches will be removed from this site..

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 06:21:05 pm »
The original name of the patch was called the "split hosts file" because it had one set of connections for primaries and another for secondaries in the one file. The secondaries are connecting to me and other primary uses because I have three times as many secondaries in my stats as I do primaries. I'm sure RIAA is doing its best to disrupt MX just by looking at the flooding on my Peer Guardian log, but secondaries are connecting. In fact, I would say most of the people d/l'ing from me are secondary since they're running dsl or 56k most of the time.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 06:30:14 pm »
Quote from: me here
InTheMx wrote:
Funny, if he's "fixed" the crashes, then why is mine still crashing when I leave the .dll in?

Because unless you download the install 1.9.exe from the WinMXGroup page you dont have the "fixed" .dll.
If you have downloaded that exe and installed and are still having crashes please give us the error information here.

Tatman,
The install 1.9 was giving many people grief uploading and not getting downloaded completely, if your didnt run after you downloaded it please try the download again.

This file should be 1.32mb in size when download is complete,, if its not you dont have the full download..

have found that this problem with incorrect download occurs when you try to download the patch to the winmx dir. try downloading and save to desktop and run from there

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 06:30:41 pm »
Also, if the point is to get people back to MX and both types of "fixes", such as the PiePatch or the Install 1.9, are aiming towards that end then why delete the posts that direct people to the Pie Patch if the .dll is also crashing their system? That seems silly since it now looks like you're fighting each other when the common enemy is the RIAA. I'm not from Vladd's site, in fact I only found it via Google when this patch here was crashing my MX and gave the url to others that asked for it. I never gave it out until someone specifically asked me for it. The common goal is to get people back on WinMX, not to say "our patch is better than yours".

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 06:42:02 pm »
The original hosts file was a split actually of our hosts file and TSC hosts file..Not anything to do with secoandary or primary connections.

The unless your using a TCP viewer like we are for example
MX Sniffer
TCP viewer
X-Netstat
You cant be sure that the IPS are from true users or not.  Let me clarify the blocklists are great for the flooders.. ie: connections that are showing files shared.
The connections by ones with 0 files shared that are making massive upload attempts on certain artists and tracks are however,  not tracable in the usual manner.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=603

Read that link for more information on this.. I do alot of research and my opinions are based on facts I have recorded.  These upload connections are massive as in 100s a day just on my this machine alone.

As I said, i have serious concerns from an expert standpoint about the deliberate blocking of secondary connections. Its wrong, its damaging, and Its got to stop.

Understand InTheMX,
I have worked long and hard to keep MX going strong, I can honestly say that its my opinion that the PIE patch in its current state, and the caches they control blocking secondarys is helping the RIAA.  So yes if thats what they or anyone else is going to do then you will see me stand up and voice my concerns.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 06:51:30 pm »
You do a lot of good work, "me here", as well as km and others. I would LOVE to use a working version of your patch if it existed for me. I don't know about the PP blocking secondaries as I can only see from my experience that I do get a lot of secondaries d/l'ing from me. That is why I come back here several times a day to see if the "latest" fix works for me because I would much rather use that than a hosts file that could be blocking others. Thank you for all your help.  :wink:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 06:59:33 pm »
I suggest you do your you own research, or make your own file that includes all the caches.

Trying silly half backed theories out on the mx population is stupidity of the highest order .

The pie patch works and there is no doubt thats that type of solution is viable ... but, messing with the cache addresses to remove caches as was done in 2.6 removes the teams integrity, look for yourself.  

They where notified many days ago of our concerns and have ignored them.

With regard to the secondary blocking they where notified weeks ago of this being a source of major network disruption, they are ignoring this advice again.

Must the network be allowed to fall for the work of one idiot and a few who do not know better ?

If you need help with your own research, I,ll provide links and references to back what has been said here, ask for what you need.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 07:07:05 pm »
Look GhostShip, calling people names and saying they have half-baked ideas isn't going to endear you to anyone let alone listen to you in earnest. At least I'm trying to reconnect to MX and that seems so far to be the only viable way. Keep your nasty comments to yourself.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 07:36:41 pm »
InTheMX,
Sorry, I have to mention that what Ghostship is saying is that our site cant support these 'half baked' theories.. this in NO way is to say that your half baked and sorry for any misunderstanding.. VERY!

Our site stands on solid facts not opinions of whats happenin on MX in any subject from Crashes to how to use the search functions..

So.. to be clear.. we do monitor all posts and try our best to give correct, fact based data to folks..

This is the reason for the invitation to the tools and links we have used.. so that you can see exactly what we are talking about.  If you choose to see for yourself what we feel is going on and why its so important to us.

We have thousands of posters here a day, a small staff to help everyone, and have to be careful that posters are not giving out false or un fact based information..

I am sorry you felt that comment directed at yourself as it was not our intention to point it at you specifically..
We have had theories that Frontcode shut down due  to aliens.. trust me that 'half baked' theory was deleted.. for example..

Our goal is to get as many ppl connected as possible, in the easiest way possible, my concerns are not that it worked for you, my concerns are that its a overall damaging way to connect and until they make efforts  to rectify that fact i can not see myself or this forum encouraging its use.

We also have a hosts file that uses ALL the peer caches to date, with more of the IPs of caches that are not blocking secondaries.. as an option for those that continue to have troubles on the dll..
Again, am I telling you to uninstall the PIE patch.. NO
Am I asking you not to encourage others on this site to use it..YES.

FYI for anyone that is having troubles with the .DLL then please user our hosts file located here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 07:59:27 pm »
Look GhostShip, calling people names and saying they have half-baked ideas isn't going to endear you to anyone let alone listen to you in earnest. At least I'm trying to reconnect to MX and that seems so far to be the only viable way. Keep your nasty comments to yourself.

It sounds to me that by attacking me you have some non fact based agenda, if you thought my post was directed at you that is unfortunate.

Can you find fault with any of the technical issues I have put forward ?

I unlike the pie team will listen to reasonable debate.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 08:21:26 pm »
Thank you very much, "me here", the hosts file seems to be working fine and I haven't d/c'd yet. If the PP hosts file was meant to keep secondaries out, then no, I don't want it. But having a link also to a GOOD hosts file like you gave is a great alternative to the dll patch for those of us it doesn't work for. I appreciate it.

As for you, GhostShip, it sounds to me like you have paranoids delusions the world is out to undermine you. My only "agenda" was to be able to stay connected to MX in the best possible way. If some of the information given to me was incorrect, then I'm sorry. In the future I won't be addressing you again, just "me here" or someone else in authority that can help me to connect and understand the situation without condemning me.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 08:43:40 pm »
Read the facts presented and then make comment please.

What has been said is open to discussion, abusing me is not.

I have taken umbrage not with youself as you seem to think but with those who ask users to trust them and then block addresses on the cache and secondary connections.

Your opinion is more than welcome here and whether you wish to respond is your choice, the fact are all I was presenting, along with my commentary of those facts.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 09:28:27 pm »
INTheMX:
As for you, GhostShip, it sounds to me like you have paranoids delusions the world is out to undermine you.

This is completely unnecessary comment..

Understand that we work as a team here, and I have tried  to explain to you the policies of this site along with the fact that comments made were in no way directed at you personally..

KM, Ghostship, and myself are the WinMXWorld team, we have all contributed to the good name we have, along with some great help from our small Moderating team.  All comments and replys made on this site are from us all.  

This site has no paranoid delusions of what is out to undermine us.. we are fully aware of the enemy here, being  the RIAA and company.

That said, I am thrilled your back online, the more users that can get online the more power we have to keep this network stable.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx