gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 10:41:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Fix Your WinMX Connections
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fix Your WinMX Connections  (Read 10567 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Fix Your WinMX Connections
« on: October 12, 2005, 12:44:35 am »
Not only has KM fixed the issue with the crashes he has also created a *.dll that works with your 98/ME systems so that you can get the same great speeds connecting that the WinMX once had..

The fix for the crashing and the 98/ME users patch are all in the same installer located here:

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

Just follow the instructions that go along with this installation as you go. and restart WinMX...

Keep in mind that this .DLL for 98/ME has no block list function and all primary users on those systems should be using Sherwood, found in our forum under Other Software..

Thanks to KM for getting  this done so that all users can get online fast and easy..

kaybee

REconnections issues
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 01:09:04 am »
Hi there, have been having the same problems as others with the crashing, am just currently trying to download the new installer and get so far and I get the message cannot download connection with server was reset. Can anyone help, I'm not that clued up with the old pc, but just wnat Winmx back :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:22:40 am »
Kaybe what link are you using to download it..

Use this one ..

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

kaybee

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 02:27:20 am »
Hi there
The link I used was from your post above, that keep getting to about 6% then coming back with the error message, I then went to the home page and tryed there and got to 69% then same thing happened. Have just tryed the link directly above and only getting to 6%. Any help muh appreciated, and do realise you must be busy.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 02:47:43 am »
Try downloading it again.I had problems downloading it from winmx group's site, so i tried downloading it from winmxworld's homepage & I was able to download it completely.

try downloading it here https://www.winmxworld.com/  or https://www.winmxgroup.com/.

kaybee

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 02:58:59 am »
Hi p2p

I've tryed downloading it from winmixworld homepage and have just tryed winmix group page too, not having much luck with either, but will keep trying.
Thanks for your advice

texasrose455

new 98/me fix
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 03:20:30 am »
It works!!!!!!!! (she says with fingers crossed) KM, you're a genius!!!! I've been dl'ing away all night. THANK YOU!!!!   :D

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 03:30:29 am »
Your Welcome kaybee, I tried downloading it again too & I couldn't completely download it again.You might have to try a couple of times.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 03:30:52 am »
The size of the file was causing a major upload problem so if you tried and it said it was corrupted please retry the download from the WinMX Group Link on the home page here..

Thanks

Mick

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 12:58:33 pm »
Got the 1.9 exe a few hours ago and it was corrupted in download.   Just got it again, and this time it was fine.  Installed it and reconnected in about 10 seconds.   I have been using the .dll up till now, both with 3.53 and 3.54 beta4 and have really had no problems.  Many thanks.

Also many thanks to "me here", for all the hours she spent in the winmxworld room helping people when the peer cache first went down.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:25:56 pm »
I have a problem with the new 98/me patch .When i installed it mx changed back to v3.53 from v3.54beta4.I uninstalled WinMX & just installed the beta version again manually,I installed the new patch again &  mx started in v3.53 again.I didn't have the library option instead it was shared, i checked about mx & it said i was using v3.53.Also I have problems loading the chatroom list.It uploads the list slower & it's stops before i get the whole chatrooms list.
 I uninstalled v3.54beta4 again, reinstalled v3.53 & the new patch v1.9.
So i'm back to using v3.53. :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 10:09:50 pm »
P2P the new dll for the  connection requires 3.53 in order to work properly,  KM pointed out to me this

3.53 is made to work on a 9x system ie: 98/ME
3.54 is made to work on a NT system ie: XP/2000

The dll for the 98/ME users is a Olepro32.dll modified to look for the caches.

Olepro will not work with 3.54 just like the ws2_32.dll will not work with 3.53.

So inorder to use the dll for these systems you must have the correct version of MX, the installer does this for you and yes will replace your 3.54 with the 3.53 in order to allow the olepro32.dll to work..

KM

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:59 pm »
well, the ws2_32.dll file will work with 3.53, but not as well :-)

the 9x solution should work on 9x or NT, but the NT one only works on NT

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 07:12:02 am »
Ok ty for this info..to bad i can't use the beta version on my ME OS..i was just getting use to the beta version too.:(
Oh well just as long as mx works i'm :)

KM

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:23 pm »
the beta version doesn't load the olepro32.dll file, which is used for the 9x patch... and the ws2_32.dll file used for the NT patch doesn't work on NT... lol

i_share_if_u_share

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 02:22:02 pm »
I downloaded the 1.9 installer and because I don't like the 3.54 beta version I took the ws32.dll out of there and put it into my 3.53 version. It works fine but secondary connections take ages to connect. Running ok though.

i_share_if_u_share

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 02:42:43 pm »
Forgot to say running on XP and connecting on primary.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 02:24:41 am »
I Share,

I need to clarify a few things here about the secondary

Are you saying that connecting to WinMX as a secondary is taking a long time?

I also would like to know what message you see in the bar at the top of WinMX if any.  Where the black bar used to be.

Thanks...

i_share_if_u_share

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 08:41:12 am »
No prob. As I said previously I am on XP and using my original 3.53 version of WinMX with your latest .dll (version 1.3 to give it a name) which I borrowed from your 1.9 installer. All your other .dlls work but the message "an updated patch is available" was niggling me. I now obviously have the latest messages showing "patch operational" and the "don't forget to share your files/click here to get help for winMX". I am on BT adsl and WinMX is set to connect me as a primary connection. Yes I connect ok at the start it says 4primary connections 0 secondary connections. After bout an hour I get a secondary connection and when I been running several hours it builds up to 6,7 sometimes 8 primaries and secondaries. Started up this morning 9.15 am and at 9.35 i have 7 primary and 1 secondary. Had to wait 20 mins for that 1 secondary and 5 mins later it went back to 0 secondaries. Thet will increase but it takes a few hours. Hope this info helps and let me know if you need anymore. Thanks for all your help too.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 09:32:09 am »
I Share are you running peerguardiand or Sherwood while this is happening ?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Fix Your WinMX Connections

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx