gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 03:54:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  program ideas
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: program ideas  (Read 13022 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: program ideas
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2009, 12:45:00 am »
and there are plenty of coders on the network who may want to make your program a reality...

regardless of who writes it its gonna get a unanamous 'NO' and ultimately get blocked...

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2009, 01:02:06 am »
"regardless of who writes it its gonna get a unanamous 'NO' and ultimately get blocked... " i wasnt refferring to josh's program.
i started this thread for users to post their program ideas so the coders could make something people in the community actually wanted. "and there are plenty of coders on the network who may want to make your program a reality..." was aimed at the majority who know jack all about coding.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2009, 01:52:42 am »
Well for now, I will be working on Southern Lights 3. It's almost finished and I think people will like the new stuff. :-)
- Josh

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 02:40:58 am »
Well for now, I will be working on Southern Lights 3. It's almost finished and I think people will like the new stuff. :-)
Now there's a program I have a problem with. Many years ago, my friend created a program called Nothern Lights, and only released it to his friends. Then, you stole his program, made your own version, and renamed it to Southern Lights. You should pay some homage to the person who invented it by putting, "This program was invented by TokersBall" in each one you create. Otherwise, you are stealing.
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 02:51:51 am »
 :no: guess everyone has a problem with something

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009, 03:06:29 am »
@bacon

...if credit is due it needs to be given...

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:08 am »

Now there's a program I have a problem with. Many years ago, my friend created a program called Nothern Lights, and only released it to his friends. Then, you stole his program, made your own version, and renamed it to Southern Lights. You should pay some homage to the person who invented it by putting, "This program was invented by TokersBall" in each one you create. Otherwise, you are stealing.

As we have talked about before Daniel, I did not "steal" northern lights. Yes the names are similar, and they are both song displayer's, but they are completely different programs that have none of the same code what so ever. Therefore I have no responsibly to add a message to my program saying "invented by TokersBall'.

There were song displayer's long before Northern Lights, which would falsify your fact that he created it.

And seeing as how Northern Lights was never publically released to the community, and only kept secret to a select few, I created southern lights so ANYONE could use those features. And with this next version, it gets even further away from just being a simple single pattern winamp song displayer.

- Josh

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:17 am »
i never said it didnt.
But i havent seen the source to either of these programs or used them.
if someone wants to post code from bost programs that are identical or show screenshots that provide other proof of anything other then a nameing scheme ill be more then glad to play along.
But i do strongly beleive these events will discourage people from posting program ideas on this thread =(

- seeing as josh posted as i was typing. i feel this post is no longer nessecary-

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:36 am »
But i do strongly beleive these events will discourage people from posting program ideas on this thread =(

I don't see that happening bacon, WinMX is full of people that have ideas.
- Josh

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2009, 09:41:56 am »
Bacon i must admit for a programme idea's thread it certainly has had its fair share of drama. But it is also the first post that Josh has been very active in. An not to expect some sort of problems when josh returned to the site would of been a foolish thought. An im sure a few more posts will be a little more difficult till Josh shows that he is a reformed character and trust is started to be built(or some sort).
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2009, 10:13:22 am »
ok so to get this back on track im going to come up with some thing after i type this

uhm....... a set of API patches to allow winmx to run in cedega(without all the bugs)
since cedga is built off of winex this could be used in wine to keep from having to pull dll's like cryptui from an xp install

and hey looks like i got a new page to do it with =D

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2009, 08:19:48 am »
Iam curious, was any beta releases of the user indexer given out to people for testing and if so i guess it may already be being shared around winmx. I ask this because on Josh`s site it was asking for testers to contact him.
If this is the case can i again ask for its username so it can be blocked on entering the room. Obviously if it not the case then this post does not matter.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2009, 08:31:18 am »
A) josh is still working on a chat client
B) he hasnt bought his own server that the indexer would be dependant on....
C) i have been testing his stuff and i havent even seen a shred of code for it.

so not to worry birdman

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2009, 06:41:13 am »
Iam curious, was any beta releases of the user indexer given out to people for testing and if so i guess it may already be being shared around winmx. I ask this because on Josh`s site it was asking for testers to contact him.
If this is the case can i again ask for its username so it can be blocked on entering the room. Obviously if it not the case then this post does not matter.

To clear this up, this program "was" going to be dependent on the remote indexer, and if that would not of been "on", the client version wouldn't work.

So no need to worry about any blocklists, as this program was never made and is not going to be. Sorry for the confusions birdman.

As to what bacon is saying... -.-  I already finished the chat client example source code and released it so I'M not working on anything like that anymore. Currently I'M finishing up Southern Lights 3, and after that who knows.

- Josh

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
I would like to add that if you wish to post ideas for programs in this thread then please do so. If your only intention is to piss n moan and point out individual users then please keep that to yourselves as I for one have seen more than enough of it, in this thread and others. My mother brought me up on an old saying IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, THEN PLEASE SAY NOTHING AT ALL. This is/was a great idea for a thread and I personally wish to see it continue but if you have any concerns over Josh then you should know that the idea of letting Josh back on this forum was a decision made by a group of individuals in charge of the operations of this site. Myself included and while I felt it was risky I agreed with the decision of others to allow him back. The issue of Northern Lights vs Southern Lights and who did what is as far as I'm concerned a dead issue and if I see it again I will deal with it appropriately as that discussion no longer has a place on this forum. And last but not least. You are welcome to be a "glass half empty"er type of person all you wish but I believe I stand with the "glass half full"ers when I say it's tiring to see all of that depression so please be constructive if nothing else and stop beating down the walls in an aimless attempt at occupying someone elses time.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2009, 02:38:14 am »
how about... a 64 bit client for people who push their machines and dont wish to use 32 bit compatability

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2009, 04:46:50 am »
why not think ahead and make it 128 bit?

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:22 am »
Why not think ahead and make it 128 bit?
64 bit was developed so that a system could use more than 4 GB of RAM. 64 bit is capable of using a few million terrabytes of RAM, so using 128 bit won't be needed for a long time; however, most systems will be needing a 64 bit processor within a few years.

:yes:
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2009, 05:46:01 am »
well, it took less then 30 years to grow from 10 Mb harddisks, 8 bit 4.77 MHz processors and an astonishing 1Mb Ram to 1.5 Terrabyte disks, 64bit 4MHz quadro processors and 4 Gb ram.
Make a wild guess how long it will take to 128bit systems with who knows what kind of processors disk capacities and amounts of Ram..

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2009, 04:57:06 pm »
AMD has a couple Opterons that that by divided the sets of code and re assembling it can process 256 bit code but its extremely buggy.

and secondly it didnt take 30 years to make 64 bit processors. thats old technology
(if you want to look at the story in daniels post about win xp 32 bit processors rained supreme because software manufacturers stopped supporting 64 bit in favour of the 16 and 32 bit windows/amiga/mac)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  program ideas

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx