gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:59:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Ravens WCS Project Information
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ravens WCS Project Information  (Read 13216 times)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
Ravens WCS Project Information
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:49:36 pm »
As some of you have probably noticed by now that I pulled the plug on MXMadnes.org.

I was pretty disappointed to hear that a regular was up in WMW help room the other night, someone who's never contributed a darn thing to this community, running his mouth about me and releasing WCS source codes. Not only that spreading lies about posts being removed about me "going off" about glibc's when actually I "went off" about him (Snick) nagging me for soruce codes.

Snick.. I won't be posting WCS souce codes so that you can make a profit off of them or so that Richy Skank can claim it as "his" work. That will never happen. LOL Furthermore, if anyone wants a WCS update, I'm sure Snick wont mind doing the hard work to provide everyone with one..

This is the kind of nonsense I put up with on a daily basis. Here's another example ..

<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> twisty isnt gonna reboot the server to allow me access until server does it itself
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> so i am roomless for another possibly 2 weeks
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Ans which Server will he Finally allow you to use ?
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Older or Newer ?
<Mark-1.> Why do you need a server to host a room?
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> i'm going to make sure its the 1.8.6.1
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> cos it is KMs server
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> with the bugs he never fixed but are fixed
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> mark --- wcs linux
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> The room has been up for 64d 17h 33m 25s while the host has been up for 64d 17h 42m 18s
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> ...And the Fucktards erm Lemmings go Marching off the cliff !
<Mark-1.> Can't you run linux on an 'old' pc at home to host it?
<Mark-1.> You should be able to host dozens (hundreds?) of rooms on a dedicated server in a server farm....
<Mark-1.> I used to have a dedicated server and could serve 100Gb+ per day to 300,000 users with no problem!
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Nut:  Read our Mission Statement as you Enter, It ONLY mentions WCS v1.8.3   !!!!!
< Jason > i hope my site gets that much action
< Jason > that would kick ass
<Mark-1.> Hey - I used to get 7 million 'page hits' per day....
<Mark-1.> All my own photography too ;-) LOL
< Jason > lol
<Mark-1.> Nuff said!
< Jason > yeah
< Jason > i thought about opening one of those sites
< Jason > what about copywrite?
< Jason > that would be my concern
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> then its up to you to be the ass who stays out
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> [ copyright ]   ; )
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> but im using 1.8.6 cos it has ! immunity
<Mark-1.> You CANNOT rip off content - Thats for sure....
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> which means i can give * access and not be the result of a kick ban or exile
<Mark-1.> Its a big web but it can be a really small world too.....
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> 1 - KM had made a wcs 1.8.4 that was a fucked up buggy version
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> wcs 1.8.5 onwards use Kms version of wcs 1.8.3
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> with major bug fixes
< Jason > yeah i bet Mark
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> its not a ripoff its improvements
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> KM had a VERY BETA v1.8.4  that was NOT for release IF that is what you are talking about ?!
< Jason > do something good nobody notices. do something bad and you are hated by everyone
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> its not a ripoff --- it is MAJOR BLOODY improvements
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> MALWARE & SPYWARE & BACK-DOORS & etc. are NOT Improvements !
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> ITS NOT "MALWARE & SPYWARE & BACK-DOORS"
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> get your head out of your ....
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> they are major fixes
<Mark-1.> Do you run Vista King Nut?
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> come back in 5 minutes.
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> no i dont
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> i have xp sp3
{ß{¥}£} #c?#King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze352_17435 has left
<Mark-1.> LOL
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Warned MULTIPLE times !
<Mark-1.> a LOT of jocks are retarded like that.....
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> This room ONLY supports WCS v1.8.3
{ß{¥}£} #c?#King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze352_17435(Cable 68 files) (IP: 82.23.123.147\RevDNS: cpc2-bbrg2-0-0-cust914.renf.cable.ntl.com)
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> This room ONLY supports WCS v1.8.3
<Mark-1.> They can't help it - Its all the in-breeding....
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> why bei so pissy?
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> WARNED MULTIPLE times !
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> you fuckin asked me wat server version i was going for
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> and i told you
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> You can say anything you want as long as it is NOT a LIE.
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> its not a fuckin lie
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> its major bug fixes
<Mark-1.> Uh Oh
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> which KM left in
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Anything other than WCS v1.8.3 is NOT WCS.
<{ß{¥}£} King ÑuT Ma¢ßie£ze> ITS MAJOR FUCKIN BUG FIXES TO 183 WHICH KM LEFT IN
<Mark-1.> UH OH!
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> It may be called RSFucktardWCS or RavenFucktardWCS, BUT it is NOT WCS !
< Jason > anyone watch the all star game last night?
<Mark-1.> LOL
<Mark-1.> Change the subject...... QUICK!
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> * RSFucktardCS or RavenFucktardCS
< Jason > that prince guy hit one 503 ft or something
<Mark-1.> I don't support sports.....
<Mark-1.> LOL
< Jason > think it was a record
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> i DON'T care as long as these FUCKTARDS don't tread on KM's good name & reputation.
< Jason > i just read some news pages
<Mark-1.> The only sport I am into is.....
< Jason > some articles i pay more attention to
< Jason > than others*
<Mark-1.> Me too! LOL
<Mark-1.> ;-)
< Jason > tuef raven is not bashing KM's work
< Jason > if anything she is perserving it
<STARSNBARS> watch all star jacked up of drugs and a SMNIC throwing out the opening pitch Y?
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> Then she should call it : RACS or whatever else she wants...
< Jason > then she would be accused of stealing his work
< Jason > kinda lose lose for her and all she wants is a secure client
<STARSNBARS> thats enuff for me to boycot all those spics
<STARSNBARS> Americas sport with Illegal Aleins
< Jason > lol
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> She could in the Opening Credits Give ALL Credit to the "Great work of KingMacro", Problem solved.
<STARSNBARS> cant pronounce half the names aint' a smith or bob one on any team
<Teufelhund_des_Krieges> But calling it WCS is more than a Flagrant rip-off.
< Jason > they have done a lot more work than they anticipted on it. it may be something that she hasnt tought of
< Jason > the orginal plan was to just fix the bugs that Richie was running around telling everyone about
<Mark-1.> I have all the sports channels (worth $75 per month) and NEVER watch them....
< Jason > that was it
< Jason > leave it wcs and move forward
< Jason > i see your point though teuf

Not to mention the constant nonsense i have to put up with from Richy Skank and his Cronnies bashing a server and making bug reports and feature requests when they don't even use it. A lot of room to talk when they use a server with backdoor exploits and crash bugs with every release. Here's my last message to them.. You think that RSWCS is backdoor free do you? Let me just explain one thing before I go. After he got caught adding the back door commands he resorted to a new tactic by compressing the executable to make it nearly impossible to decompile it and see what's in there now. I don't know if you understand what that means but the bottom line it's a sneaky tatic which means he still has something to hide. LOL

There won't be any future public releases of WCS, WCB, or any new software for all reasons stated above. Future releases will be for myself and my friends who want it. If you need WCS d/l's or support you can come see me in person and I'll be glad to help you as I did obligate my self to continue to maintain my releases...

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:55:44 pm »
Oh and just let me add how I'm still continously outcasted by this site. I thought after my talks with Quicks that all that might change but it surely hasn't. Not only do I not have access to even edit a post which was given and then taken away recently, I can't even get info such as blocklist updates for the cache let alone access to the core section.

Therefore there won't be anymore software releases from me and my "pet programmer" as Merlin and Richy likes to call him. Shame because WinMX could have benifited from people like us. I'm no more a part of this "community" than Sabre is. LOL

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:45:22 pm »
And another programmer has delusions of grandeur.

We here tried everything we could to publishize your site. Boast your continuing commitment, even at shock to yourself when I personally allowed your posts about the site to stay. So as for not being supported from anyone here stifles me and i find personally offensive. You have never asked for access to the core section that im aware of. An that could of been arranged. As for posting every time the block-list changes, why do we have too? We never have had to in the past. Its always been known we are trusted and the main block list is publicly available which is offering the best filtering protection. Sure the caches sometimes give out a different block-list than the public list but this is because it is a temporary change while we hinder search bots. Which is currently WinMX's current high level of alert. as their is currently someone performing searches on a grand scale. But i dont see publicly publishing this problem and its changes as the right thing too do continuously. keeping them guessing same as they keep us is the game. seen as they appear to be using dynamic IP's least they know least they change.

As for the chat room, its what it is, a place where anyone can say anything. And its a shame that you have took offense to what a very small minority of people have said. All the time its the minority that piss me off too. even my friends have p**sed me off. I just say f*** off and go for a walk, even disappear for a few days. Its the unfortunate side of being relied upon, you ever bare it or brake, i guess you have broken.

Maybe you should do as i do, and take a break. As a decision in the moment of temper is often the worst, and not really what you wanted to happen.

[edited by Ghostship to remove profanity] - keep it out of the public gaze please ! :P
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 03:27:27 pm »
I suppose that's easily said when you have a site run by many instead of just one person. As far as the blocklist goes, mine is updated manually so I haven't a clue to what the new "searchbot" entries are. I just happened upon them by clicking the online status. LOL

It's cool Tiny, you can down play my issues with this and that explaination because hey, any forward movement I discussed with G.S. and building trust has gone downhill rather than up.

As far as bashing me and spreading lies in your help room well.. I've read several posts from Omega and others that represent this site and / or help room stating that everyone's responsible for their own rooms. Right?

The rules in my room are some thing like this..

Room rules are as follows...

1. You MUST be respectful to others.
 2. You MUST be over 18 yrs old.
 3. Please stay in the room until your d/l is finished.
 4. You MUST leave your DRAMA at the door.
 5. Bashing of user groups or other rooms is NOT allowed.
 6. ASL is NOT allowed. This isn't a dating / hookup room.

Failure to follow these rules will get you a permanent kick / ban.

NO EXCEPTIONS!!! NO MATTER WHO U ARE

Where I do my best not to allow users to bash others who help out this community. So I think you should practice what you preach.

And yes you're right. I do need a break but I think now that I will reopen my site to support the metis scripts and blocklists that Pri has come up with since I see now that ya'll are trying to put a damper on the only thing that's helped to stop the spammer.. and really I don't even get why that is..

Oh and  the WCS support you claim was true in the beginning but not so much after a couple releases. I see now that was just ye ha because I was the only one in the community to make an attempt to provide users with a exploit and bug free version of WCS and I'm sure that was only because I blocked Richy from exploiting WCS users because that's really where my support ended after that.

Piney came to me a few months back when caches were needed and asked if I was willing to help but when I spoke to G.S he said something in the line of we don't trust you, yada, yada mainly because I was a MXStuff Mod. and then I find that someone like Zero Cool was asked instead. Oh brother..

Yes I have my issues right now with WMW, I dont like being bashed behind my back in your help room and I don't see why you want to make an issue of the pg blocklist which is very effective as I tested it myself. I suppose now you will accuse me of being the famous spammer and remove my host access as well as the other access that was given and removed.

Serioulsy though, don't worry about my feelings because I've been a WMW outcast for a long time and don't really mind doing my "own thing". So go ahead and bash me in your help room, remove my access and whatever else it is you need to do..

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 04:16:01 pm »
To me raven and im sorry but it appears you are just rolling of a long string of issues. And most of them dont appear to have anything to do with anything here.

Ghost may of played you down hosting caches. As we do only give the software out to trusted folks, and trust is earned. Taking over WCS had to me looked something worthwhile and i tried to support this, id even thanked you at most releases, and was hosting a temporary room on your said WCS.

I dont know where you get the bullshit about Pri from. We are very happy that Pri is running their own list. Its takes the strain of us and we to be honest never wanted to become the winmx chat room police. Although we have always tried to help hosts in need. Christ thats why we have a hosts section on the forum, but none of us had the time to begin running a chat room block-list too. So i find you thinking we think bad of Pri to be a case of trying to stir trouble. I speak to Pri on msn often enough that its obvious i have no issue. And i speak for the others in knowing they have no issue. Pri has a past with pie same as nobby and albeit we all never used to get on. Dialogue has brought us closer together, i talk with nobby now like a mate, 2 years ago id of done anything to make his life a misery. But we are moving forward, trust is being earned. And it certainly just doesn't happen over night.

I think it best we end this here. I can see you are upset about what a few have said. And to be honest im not too impressed about it myself, and i was going to look into it, same as you could of always come and spoke to me, or any of the other sups. We are far from unapproachable, everything we try to do now is for everyone. Their is no ruler here, and no big ego's. Its a shame that many are now able to see this, except sabre of course and it appears also you. But how many of his original team now reside here i can name 4 straight away. An i thought they where his die hards.

Have some time to yourself, we will still be here when you return and maybe we can start again. You think you have been wrong done by, i think maybe you have with some things, but your enacting your anger upon the wrong people.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 04:37:38 pm »
Well you can put an end to this conversation if you want but I'm not finished. This has nothing to do with Pri. I have my own opinions about using pg2 so when I read that you want to block all the lists now even from people that want to use the other blocklists for torrent protection I found that unreasonable. So that on top of bashing me in your help room and calling winmx hosts dummies in the hosts section just set me off on a long list of issues that have been linguring for some time.

You see when I have issues with someone I confront them and since I have no contact with anyone here this seems a good place to hash them out. I don't care about running caches. I was asked to help and then told I wasn't trusted when I came to you guys. Honestly I have enough responsibilities with my own operation but always willing to help when needed. Well I used to be anyways..

I have no desire to spend the next several years building trust with everyone here as I'm already trusted and liked by many in this community.

I actually though want to thank you for giving me the motivation to reopen my site now where I can provide instructions for those "so called dummies" that don't know how to set up pg2 with lists of they're choice and now .. I'm finished..

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 04:37:51 pm »
We all love the community. I think it is important that we keep a cohesive gel between people that can make things get done. There are always detractors, I'm sure when the light bulb was being developed there were people saying 'Candles are cheaper!' but we all know how that ended.

WinMX needs good software and it needs talented people to keep that software maintained, if anyone is going to take on those types of responsibilities you need to be ready to take the negative feedback with the positive. What was said in the WinMXWorld room was the view of just 1 user and not reflective of everyone involved with WinMX and you need to remember that, anyone can say something but actions are what count and if someone argues with you about open sourcing WCS you need only point them to KM's source code from which anyone could harbour an open project based on those builds and get it functionality up to par with your secured and closed sourced version in a mater of days/weeks depending on competence of the programmer.

Least we not forget: RSWCS, Ouka, RCMS, EServe and ZCS were/are all developed closed source. So if anyone wants to moan about you not open sourcing they should be knocking at everyone else's door giving them the same treatment, and I think for the most part they are but your letting it get to you raven.

On your site, I think you should open it regardless of what is/has happened as its important for many different WinMX related sites to be in operation if only to spread out the community to stop any type of monopolistic ideologies from becoming the law, Not that I'm asserting anything like that has or will happen. And of course your forum has a lot of useful bot code and WCS builds which are largely unavailable elsewhere which are important to the community as it grows larger.

I posted about this sort of thing on your forum some time ago Raven. You need to take the good with the bad and realise that for every user that reacts negatively to what you do there are many more who are quite content with the statuesque.

I don't know what happened with the peer cache situation so I cant comment, but I will say I'm appreciated on WMW. There may be some users on here that would ask me to do things I don't agree with, but I am always free to say no I don't / won't be doing that and I'm free to raise my own questions and doubts which I have done previously especially with Ghost Ship in the Hosts section as some of you may have seen.

This whole situation is I think a little crazy and drama infested but lets just look at things logically, you want to develop WCS = No one is stopping you. People will say whatever they want = There is no way to stop them. People Appreciate your work = You already know that.

Thanks.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 04:46:21 pm »
Can we please get back on topic...

Thank you.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 04:54:07 pm »
Seen as you mention us calling winmx people dummies, and its posted in a section a few people cant read. I thought i would post what was really said. In the correct context. And then i dare you Raven to continue pushing this now extreme behaviour
]2aven
MX Hosts

Re: Recent Spamming
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

Is Peer guardian so difficult to use that people cant even disable that "default" list on install or go to the add / remove lists section and simply remove the default list? Haven't we been using pg2 for wmw blocklists with out having to block all lists that are available?

Some people do use the blue tack list for torrent slumming and what not. To block those lists will prevent the users that want to use it from doing so, wont it? I don't see the point in all of this.. Pri has come up with a proxy blocklist that doesn' work for people who use Linux like myself or don't want to use pg2. Why not use that if you're against peer guardain?

Bluey_412
Assistant Room Supervisor

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

it happens because, same as anywhere else, Dummies dont read or follow instructions...

'nuff said?

]2aven
MX Hosts

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »

So WinMX users are "dummies" now? Wouldn't an annoucement or help topic about how to use pg2 be more approiate than calling winmx hosts "dummies". No worries.. I don't think that winmx users are dummies and sometime today I will post something on my forum that will provide these dummies on how to use the proxy blocklist without having to use the blue tack list..

Tiny4eva
Supervisor

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

Something is being missed here. An i dont know why.

Ghost asked basicly if their was a way to stop the default PG2 lists being added. He wasnt forcing anyone to do anything, and Pri was quite within thiers rights to say no. Which was said. Thats the end of that. We could do with a tutorial being made up about how to install this correctly. either here or somewhere else. personally id like to see it on Pri's site. seen as thats where its being run from.

People are stupid when it comes to computers. the greatest weakness on a pc is the user. I think bluey was cracking a joke on the whole. Not just singularly picking on WinMX users. or being serious about anyones intelligence.

And Raven, its appears your temper is spilling onto many sections of this forum. Up to now ive tried to talk to you reasonably but can you please try and not jump down everyones throats when something is said. Especially when its obvious what was said.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »

Bluey_412
Assistant Room Supervisor

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

it happens because, same as anywhere else, Dummies dont read or follow instructions...

'nuff said?

Well I fail to see to the humor in that comment because it implies that like all over the internet "Dummies" are present here in room hosts and "nuff said" just seals that. If it were meant to be funny it would end with a LOL or something wouldn't it? This isn't the 1st wise ass comment made to me by him this last week either so..

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 11:33:21 pm »
Before we lose cohesiveness and all fall out let me make something clear to you all, I was made aware of the fact that a number of folks where accidentally installing the default PG lists along with Pris excellent Host only list, I made a simple suggestion that maybe we could insure this doesn't happen by adding the default PG update site to the Host blocklist, I haven't yet read Pris reply but I suspect it will be no from reading the above and he will have spelt out his reasons for that, but hey folks guess what, It wont matter one single jot whether its included or not because we are clever folks and we make our own choices once we are aware of them, discussion of any aspect of operations that affect a large portion of the community is good for us all I believe and I also think you all feel the same way.

I issue no orders I do proffer opinions and sometimes heavy warnings but you the users or the chat host are your own bosses and I along with the rest of the staff here know we cant do our jobs unless trust exists, there are various levels of trust, but at the end of the day we prefer to deal with those we know or can vouch for when it comes to distributing tools or software that allow some level of user privacy invasion, that's not to say we don't trust everyone but do we leave our wallets with our friends or a guy we know but know nothing about ?

I along with others here are busy in the real world Raven and we may have not been posting all over your releases but to say we don't support your WCS project is wrong, as far as we are concerned its the only wcs project we support , please don't feel its not something we wish to shout about from the rooftops, many folks are in fear of losing their real life jobs and some already have so its not always possible to maybe give you the pat on the back you and Mind deserve, but lets be clear we support your project and the ethos behind it 100%.

Can I make a suggestion to you all, step back look at what has been achieved by our working together and then come back here and let us on the site here know just what you feel you need to do even better as we are not mind readers or even lucky at cards, we are all volunteers on a volunteer site doing the best we can with the best folks we can find.

Supporting winmx/wpn network is what its about for us, your voices count but only when you make them heard, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks to Pri for adding some rationality to what seems to have been a thread waiting to derail.

I have split this topic from the main WCS thread so we may discuss further any issues or points raised.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Ravens WCS Project Information
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 12:16:55 am »
I read that long copy of the room conversation at the start of the thread, and wonder which room it's from. Else i see no-one in there that is WMW, even at my junior status...

so i dont know who is bashing whom that is even relevant. and yes, even i have to put up with bashing, i do read up when i sit at my desk after work or bed, and see my name taken in vain (only ever one offender, and he annoys EVERYONE)

And i only ever came on board to be a helper

I further wonder about the maturity levels of some of these people

i dont know how you read it in, Raven, but i dont think any of my comments to you are in the 'wise ass' category. Wise, maybe...

maybe i am blind too, but i dont know if i have seen any of the respected people on WinMX being bashed, the ones criticised if anything have, to a large extent, earned such criticism, and dont seem to fall into the 'respected' category.

unfortunately, life demands that respect is something that be earned, and tends to take some time...

Now, if i am missing some point here, perhaps someone might like to guide me through a female perspective, else, i remain, one of the wise older men on here just trying my damndest to HELP, cos i have the ongoing life of WinMX at heart, only my sweetheart gets more...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 01:17:37 am »
Raven take some time for yourself over the last weeks we have all been running ragged. We have all learnt that sometimes we need to step back. You have done well with WCS and you should have some time for yourself.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Concernedwinmxer

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 02:18:48 am »
This is all just another example of people taking advantage of their status. The winmx world admins excluding the decent ones (quick me here and a few other(not tiny)) are simply taking over winmx. Winmxworld
started as a good idea but over the years as the ownership has changed to much younger and inexperienced people it has seriously gone to hell.  People threatening to ban people from the network is kist plain nonsense. But unfortunately when these individuals pretend that everyone is "in control" and that no one person can take over winmx is a plain lie. Instead the group of admins and leaders are all on the same page and agree to anything the other says. So it's still a monopoly.

I personally cannot wait until there is a halfway decent alternative to the community patch and the failing winmx world community. It's fractured and broken and no amount of glue or ducktape can fix it.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 02:38:37 am »
I cant agree we are taking over WinMx there are more folks out there than your naming who have a stake in operating the network, just because you see a few names on here more than others do you really think those ppl really run evrything ?

Of course they dont, we have a large selection of cache operators and domain owners, many of the folks who are regulars here own their own winmx support sites and we are talking quite a few now, as for a new patch feel free to reinvent the wheel as we have done twice now, a clients what we need and I,m sure you know that too, lets be honest here as I have said three times today, this is a winmx support/help site, we are not the owners of winmx and as such its obnoxious to have to deal with every cheap shot and dirty jibe when our only fault is it seem to try to help fellow users, roll on xmas and some good cheer...  :/

Conceredwinmxer2

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 02:48:26 am »
Well maybe you need to rethink your group organization. Because tiny seems to be the head honcho on the forum as well as running a cache.

I have also seen recent additions to the blocklost that no one has any knowledge of except the internal leaders. Actions like these prove that winmxworld is not operating for the good of its users.

There should be a public vote and reasons backing the ips to block before anything is actually finalized. Having one person or the group of very close leaders making important decisions like this is still acting like a monopoly and a closed community.

There are numerous well known people I have spoken with who also strongly agree winmxworld is biased and power hungry. Although you may think this is a "winmx help website" it's directy connected to the network and it's runners.

If anything were to be fixed I think you need to decentralize the network for real and keep the forum admins far away from any say in what happens with the network at all.

And if you still pretend to not see the corruption and bias in how winmxworld operates you have brainwashed yourself. It's clearly evident and that is why the website and forum continue to die a long and sorrow death.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 03:04:41 am »
Well Tig I really wish you hadn't even made a post here because tbh you're one of the folks from here that also dissed me this week, leading me to close down my site.

You messaged me from this forum requesting information about site spamming, the info I had and what not as soon as I shared everything I had with you I requested some mere info myself in order to protect my site and rooms from being spammed and at that point you brushed me off with some excuse about need to rest or whatever and shared nothing at all with me. Do I need to post the private messages or do you just agree with what I'm trying to say. Yes.. blocked out and used again. No surprise.

Yes G.S. you've been supportive about WCS updates and talked about building trust with me and then blocked me out from there. I don't need you're cache software as I have a proper cache of my own and even though it says MXStuff indexing cache and started out as that it's been completely overhauled. I only left KM's name on everything I have because I thought I was being respectful. I don't need your cache software (Tiny) or your "trust". My point is that I expected to be slammed from Rebellion and MXStuff genuises but never expected this from all of you here.

I don't know who made that last post but you're absolutely right about some things you said. WinMX is a failing community right now with a total lack of "unity". A wasteland I like to call it lately but you talk of a alternative to the community patch, which I also happen to have but haven't released it because I get enough grief just from from a mere chat server update. You also must be lacking all the facts because the way I see it is WMW admins (Tiny) and one other person that I know of are the only ones running caches atm. So yes Monopoly it is isn't it.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 03:09:34 am »
Lets get one thing straight, I maintain the blocklist and I know why every Ip is on it, if you dont its because you dont need to know but lets be clear if you dont trust the list thats never been shown to block a single real user for the last 5 years then I suggest your a sandwich short of a picnic.
I,m not going to cripple the list for you or anyone else, I gave my word to folks that the list is tightly controlled and regulated and thats exactly what it is, only our cartel friends and network attackers appear on that list as you full well know.

It barely surprises me you act like this in coming here to spam divisive material under a false name, go away and think about your own motives before questioning ours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven in july you told me you had your own cache software I dont remeber you asking to join the community cache operators group but I dont have any old messages to prove it one way or the other I only have copies of the messages you wrote to me, however I dont believe the cache software is the real concern here and thus I wont join in on the drama fest at this time, as pri said if you want to do something please do it if you dont then dont but one thing is for sure nothing I have said has swayed you one way or the other recently and blaming our room folks for the words of snick and tuef is stretching things a bit far when neither of them are our staff.
you also missed out the defence of you in the chat room by myself at least if not others, was that on purpose or did your log just dry up after the dramatic quotes  ?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 03:32:27 am »
People hide behind anonymity for reasons, not always honest...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 03:50:13 am »
Whatever.. I don't have any chat logs from WMW just some information from a reliable source that stated how Snick was carrying on about how people are not releasing the WCS code, which I think one thing we agree on is posting that code would be a mistake. That's not what bothered me. The fact that he continued on to say it's not recommended that my WCS update shouldn't ever be used without seeing what's in the code and then going on to say I wen't off about some glibc issue and been deleting posts from my site about it when that was just an all out lie as anyone can see right here .. mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?topic=1400.msg1681#msg1681  that his constant nagging me about giving him the source code was why I "went off" and the posts still exist.

The WMW help room is where people go for advice and that's the sort of advice that given about WCS now? Well if you did jump to my defense that's certainly news to me and yet to be seen.

Furthermore, I'm not really liking that you think you don't owe the other caches operators any info on who's being blocked and why since I thought it was a universal goal to keep everyone on the same blocklist to better prevent attackers from getting through. Just 5 mins ago I checked the blocklist of all caches running and still see that some operators are still in the dark. If no one is on the same page with the blocklist how is blocking going to be effective?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Ravens WCS Project Information

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx