gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:40:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Suddenly can't upload
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Suddenly can't upload  (Read 12227 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Suddenly can't upload
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 02:06:39 pm »
well... i think talk.to.me's hands are kinda tied in that department.... :/

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »
if i remember correct talk2me has posted somewhere that his brother wanted him to use winmx only so why not act like a grown up and just ask why it s blocking all of the sudden?

if i would have a brother that tried to sneak through what he wanted on my connection/computer against my wishes he would be banned from the keyboard completely before he could say : ... but...but

on the other hand if he would come to me eand talk about the problem .... i ld probably be more understanding and maybe even helpfull?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

talk.to.me

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 04:19:57 am »
you guys dont know what he could changed that i cant p2p anymore ?

and i have another problem right now when i try to open my router config its getting really really slow , at first it goes realyl quick but now everything is so slow , like a really slow site on the internet .

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 04:43:06 am »
that router may be ready to bite the dust.... or it just needs a reboot....

talk to your brother...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 11:11:03 am »
reboot may well be the solution

or brother has been messin with settings so much that HE has fragged it...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Cal

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 09:14:02 pm »
I have been fighting this problem on and off since Thanksgiving.  When I am primary, I pull a channel list, and sometimes I can only get 400+ (instead of the usual 700+), and at those times, I seem to be "cut off" from about half the network, and can't whois or start anyone on the "other side" of the "gulf", though I can communicate with them via chat.  When I am operating secondary, I find a lot of "bad primaries", ones that will not let me start people.  When that happens, I refresh my network and hope the next one is better.   Sometimes, I need to do it a half-dozen times to find a good primary.  And sometimes I need to give up on secondary, and just go primary.  This is proven not to be an issue with my router, firewall or ports.  Coincidently, my ISP, Verizon, has been attacking trades since Thanksgiving.   Sometimes they abruptly cancel all winmx trades, while not affecting winmx chat, or other web activities.   Also, they have been shutting down my ports from time to time, but I have many ports pre-arranged, so I just change ports and go on my way.  I think there is a general attack on WinMX taking place though, and it is taking several forms.  1:  The presence of many "bad primaries"  2:  The seeming isolation of portions of the WinMx user network from other parts.  3:  The stopping of trades by ISP's.  4:  The shutting down of ports.  Altogether, this is troubling indeed!   :cry:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 02:01:19 am »
used to (??) 'mediadefender' would DDoS or flood users (depending on patch used) when grabbing chat channel list...

...anyone know if this is still going on? cos mediadefender is back in operation in AU....

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 06:19:43 pm »
it might pay to check the router log to see what is happening Cal ..maybe the router is just trying to protect you agianst false detected "floods and attacks"
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

talk.to.me

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »
so i used my winmx on the main pc with xp and everything is fine , no timouts etc .. so something is blocking my laptop to use winmx ...

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »
Hi talk.to.me

Are you able to tell me what is set up differently on the main pc compared to the lap top please. for example are the ports forwarded for both the pc and laptop? What version of windows is both using?
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

talk.to.me

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 01:45:11 am »
the main pc is using windows 7 , but there is a old xp version on it where i was using my winmx month ago so , and my laptop is using windows 7.

i dont know if portforward is on , on the main pc

talk.to.me

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 07:42:45 am »
ok , i think its working now , my brother was blocking all ports with the router to my laptop .

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:55 am »
Great News talk.to.me.

Happy Winmxing and let me know how it goes.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Suddenly can't upload

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx