gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 18, 2024, 08:54:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS  (Read 57871 times)

Re: WCS
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2006, 12:06:42 am »
Hello every1

Just wanted 2 know if there is a life span on how long u can host a WCS room 4 without restarting it

Does any1 know

So far im up 2 this  Channel Uptime: 35d 1h 45m 54s

:lol:

KM

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2006, 07:23:36 am »
there is no limit in WCS for how long it can run for, although the stats will reset after 49 days :-)

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2006, 06:56:29 pm »
hello since i added the new 3.0 patch everything seems fine but the room im hosting dosnt show on my winmx peer chat list it seems to shpow in others tho is there anything i can do to change this ?        keith

KM

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »
you should be able to join the room via loopback Room_0100007F0003 (or whichever port you used)...

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/loopback.html

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2006, 12:32:54 am »
Hi i was just wondering if there is anyway of getting WCS to display the room uptime to a user when they enter the room?
I know FX Server does this was just wondering if WCS was able 2 do it 2

:?

KM

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2006, 03:25:15 am »
WCS doesn't have welcome messages etc, that sort of thing is left to bots

Tracer

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2006, 04:52:25 am »
Hello,  I have been hosting a WCS room for sometime  now.  But as of my last start I don't see the room listed in the Channel list.  Everyone else can see it.  I also noticed that when I enter /channelname I see the same listing for both the channel name and alternate.  Isn't there suppose to be two different channel names, one being the loopback, or what ever.  This may be my problem.  Thanks

KM

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2006, 07:59:11 am »
the /channelname command will show the name you joined with, and if it is different to the main channel name then it should display the main channel name as well - you'll only see the name to join via loopback if you joined it via loopback... the reason for seeing the 2 looking the same could be something like a space before the name when you joined it yourself or something simple like that

did your IP Address change after WCS was started? as that will cause the loopback listing to stop working for you (it only sends that if you're on primary, and a channel list was loaded from the same IP Address that WCS is on)

Offline cord73

• MX Hosts
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2006, 02:44:03 pm »
can someone help me and my gf are on a network hub when i host she cant get in but other day a friend told me to make room name into my ip address and she did get in so yesterday i had to reinstall winmx for her and now i dont remember that room addy was

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2006, 02:57:53 pm »
To Enter Using LAN Address
On the machine hosting the room:
Start > Run   put in   CMD     hit ok
In the DOS window type /ipconfig      hit enter
Note the IP

On the remote machine:
In your chat client enter in join box (filter bar for winmx)
name of room_IP.you.just.got:Port   (where port is the port your room runs on)

Hope that helps
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline cord73

• MX Hosts
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2006, 02:58:12 pm »
i seen a post on here RoomName_IP:Port  so thanks anyway

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2006, 05:01:07 pm »
anybody know where i can get a redirect script for wcs

when a person enters old room they are automatically redirected to new room?
thanks

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2006, 07:38:04 pm »
anybody know where i can get a redirect script for wcs

when a person enters old room they are automatically redirected to new room?
thanks

Set up a metis bot 2 exile the new user on entery

Warrior_4_Christ

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2006, 04:31:08 am »
can anyone tell me why my mcs server keeps disconnecting on my and closes

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2006, 04:51:04 am »
Certainly not without more information..
When does it happen?
Is there a pattern?
Does any particular event cause it?

If you really are still using MCS as stated, it would probably be worth you upgrading to WCS, which is more stable & WAY more secure.

If you're using WCS please check you have the stable release & not the beta, I understand there are some stability issues with the beta which still need resolving.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: WCS 1.8 beta 6
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:14 pm »
New beta out folks in two flavours normal and Linux

http://www.kingmacro.net/

WCS 1.8b6 is now avaliable, This appears to be running well and with luck may be the last beta before final... we'll see

If you are just looking to get WCS for your room then DO NOT GET THIS, go to the WinMX Section and download the latest WCS Version from there as this is a BETA VERSION and I can almost guarantee bugs!

Changes since b5:
+ fixed bug with system uptime stats
+ added an alias to use /<space><text> for opmsg (eg / hello is the same as /opmsg hello)
+ added Logging= option to log to file, see below
+ Fixed users dropping bug (is that every beta so far i've fixed that bug? well this time i think i actually have)

Logging=0 for no logging
Logging=1 to log to a single file
Logging=2 to log to a dated file (different log each day - with the date in the filename)

The winmxworld chatroom is the normal testbed for these ones so from the recent activity this does look like a more stable version than some of the older betas, nice to see KM is still beavering away on this, cheers KM  8)

Cheers KM  8)

KM

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2006, 04:15:08 am »
well i had 2 choices... fix the dropping bug, or listen to me_here bitching about users dropping... so i sure hope that dropping bug is fixed! lol

calou92

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2006, 04:23:49 pm »
Hello guys
I'm running b6 since a while and not find users beet out from the room.
It's run under linux kubuntu server.

I just find that as soon as the op is not logged with /login wcs hung after some 15 returns then start again. When op logged fine.

Just a quick question, howto run it at boot time automaticly?

Good job GhostShip

All mu best

Pascal

KM

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2006, 04:56:25 pm »
linux b6 seems stable enough, although there have been a couple of people report dropping from the room when it's quiet - both winxworld rooms are on it, the main room has not had a single report of WCS dropping users, but the hideout which is much quieter (ok it's pretty dead most of the day) there have been a small number of users drop (both running on the same system using the same binary and almost the same configs just name/topic/motd/port changed between the 2)

nylly has also commented that the 2 rooms she is hosting one has a small amount of dropping during the night when it's quiet, and the other is fine

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not (as those that appear to drop all get shown as a normal disconnect with no errors at all) - could just be that someone leaving a dead room is much more noticeable.

Btw, don't expect it to be classed as "final" any time soon, still have a few things to do with it, and of course once it is ready to leave beta the windows version will need to be at least as stable as 1.7.4 as those hosts will be automatically updated to it

btw, useful bash script for restarting the room automatically (just add to the crontab - i use every minute but however often you want):
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
cd /wcs/directory
if `test -r wcs.pid`
then
        pid=`cat wcs.pid`
        if `kill -CHLD $pid >/dev/null 2>&1 `
        then
                exit 0
        fi
fi
./wcs-linux > /dev/null &
echo $! > wcs.pid
no doubt someone will point out some "better" way to do it, but it's simple and works perfectly so who cares? ;-)

of course if you are a really concerned host then you could also have it email you whenever it restarts the room... but considering so far the only room restarts I've ever had have been ones i have done myself, i don't think that's really worth bothering with

calou92

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2006, 12:31:47 pm »
Thanks KM for all this info. I'm now able to run WCS @ boot with your script.
I need to modify /etc/rc.local to start it at boot.
The chan is running well now I'm looking for a linux bot.

Cheese KM
Pascal

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx