gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 18, 2024, 06:27:05 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS  (Read 57867 times)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WCS
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2006, 09:21:39 pm »
It must be something changed in the latest version, we've never had this problem before upgrading.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

WCS
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2006, 09:23:22 pm »
I did, lol

Offline nylly444

• WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WCS
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2006, 12:23:13 pm »
We upgraded to the latest wine version now, let's see if that makes a difference...

"My software has no bugs, it just develops random features" (Quote Bender)

KM

WCS
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2006, 07:46:09 am »
mine doesn't have bugs, it's the users computers with the bugs :-)

Offline nylly444

• WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WCS
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2006, 03:13:21 pm »
:shock:

Offline nylly444

• WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WCS
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2006, 05:40:39 pm »
New wine version didn't improve things, but setting AllowMulti=100 seems to be a good workaround, room's been running ok for 3 days now.
Too bad, I liked that feature :)

Mitch

Re: WCS
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2006, 11:21:41 am »
hey,
hostin a room wiv WCS 1.7.4  and then wen i try and get into the room using winmx, nuthing happens jst cant seem to ge in
thankx

KM

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56:50 pm »
try either a. using a router that allows you to enter your own room (many don't!) or... b. reading this page

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2006, 06:46:49 pm »
hi all,
is their going to be an update that includes more choice on the textformat front?

i'm gready and could use more than 9!

also, is their an easy way to forcelogin someone from a winmx chat client when your admin?

at the moment i have to choose another default command that gets the full username up, then modify it to my neads.

any help?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2006, 09:00:24 am »
A new Beta WCS release folks for those who wish to test it

http://www.kingmacro.net/files/wcs-1.8b1-win32.zip

WCS 1.8b1 is availiable for testing,

If you are just looking to get WCS for your room then DO NOT GET THIS, this is a BETA VERSION and I can almost guarantee bugs!

Right now that I only have you beta testers here to check for bugs, changes to this version:

+ changed format of /who (apparently it is now bot friendly whatever that means...)
+ fixed a bug where it would drop everyone from the room as the system hits 49.7 days of uptime (oops)
+ changed version numbering system to include OS in the version number ;-)
+ removed update check, this will no longer auto update, meaning keep checking here for updates to the beta - I'm not sure if i will put the update check back in once it is stable or just leave it out, we'll see...

This version is also in a Linux version for folks wishing to test that aspect and is available from KMs site

http://www.kingmacro.net/

Cheers KM  8)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2006, 08:29:10 am »
A further series of WCS betas has been released folks  :)

http://www.kingmacro.net/files/wcs-1.8b3-win32.zip

And for Linux Users

http://www.kingmacro.net/files/wcs-1.8b3-linux.gz

Latest News
WCS 1.8b2 is availiable for testing,

If you are just looking to get WCS for your room then DO NOT GET THIS, go to the WinMX Section and download the latest WCS Version from there as this is a BETA VERSION and I can almost guarantee bugs!

The only feedback I got from beta 1 was a small issue of random closing with the linux version, I have made a few changes - see if beta 2 is any better :-)

****UPDATE****

About 10 minutes after uploading b2 I was just reading something unrelated and I think I may have found the problem, so I quickly applied a fix and here is b3 for testing.
I also got feedback about the use of a zip file on the Linux version  so I have gzipped it instead this time.

Cheers KM  8)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2006, 11:14:09 am »
A further series of WCS betas has been released folks  :)

http://www.kingmacro.net/files/wcs-1.8b3-win32.zip

I've looked, and am testing it.. but what is there to look for?  I don't see any differences nor do I see any change log of same.

KM

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2006, 11:33:32 am »
the only real change between b1 and b3 are a few fixes for bugs in the linux version - however those changes may (although shouldn't) have impacted the windows version (which is built from the same source code) so testing to make sure i didn't break anything is always good :-)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2006, 12:17:15 am »
the only real change between b1 and b3 are a few fixes for bugs in the linux version - ***

But what changes were made from v 1.7.4, if any?

Or is this simply a rewrite to allow it to run on linux platforms, without altering the basic functions and features of v 1.7.4?

seems stable on my win98se test

KM

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2006, 01:07:21 am »
look at the previous page ;-)
+ changed format of /who (apparently it is now bot friendly whatever that means...)
+ fixed a bug where it would drop everyone from the room as the system hits 49.7 days of uptime (oops)
+ changed version numbering system to include OS in the version number ;-)
+ removed update check, this will no longer auto update, meaning keep checking here for updates to the beta - I'm not sure if i will put the update check back in once it is stable or just leave it out, we'll see...

only a few minor changes there, just the 1 bug fix and 1 small change to the /who command, the major change was making it linux compatible... however the windows version would still need testing because although most of it is the same code certain things were modified in it to better fit with linux (the same source code is used to compile both versions, just with #ifdef's to differentiate between platform specific code)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2006, 07:58:24 am »
look at the previous page ;-)

silly me

i was looking on your homepage for that info :p

Quote from: KM

How did that get discovered?  on linux?  Couldn't be on a Win OS - they have to be rebooted long before 49 days :)

Quote from: KM

Works for me.  If you do re-add it, I hope it will be as an option, such as:
 (*) Check for new version on startup
    [ ] Allow auto update if new version is available [else alert only]

And, a button or menu command to manually [Check for Updates Now]

:)

btw, I like the linux idea.. one of the linux systems i used in the past had an uptime of over a year, and was running nearly 1000 processes.

KM

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2006, 10:10:35 am »
actually the 49.7 days bug was due to my use of GetTickCount() as a timer for everything (system uptime), when i was porting everything to linux i had to write my own GetTickCount() and a small mathematical error meant my timer function kept jumping backwards and causing everything to disconnect - which is when i figured out that at 49.7 days the timer would reset on windows and in theory everyone would just drop...

...however not a single person has reported it, meaning either that bug didn't exist (possible), nobody figured it out because it was so rare (possible), or nobody ever hosted a room on a computer that stayed running for 49.7 days... i know which one i'd put money on ;-)

(¯`·.¸Unique¸.·´¯)

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2006, 07:49:35 pm »
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/gettickcount.asp
The issue with 49.7 days is not a bug, more like a limitation in the programming language. As far as i know, "all" chat servers we know of has this limitation, when the GetTickCount() is used in the code, including some third party chat clients.

I see my Ouka servers is rounding back to zero every 49.7 days, but ofc i run a proper OS like w2kserver, so i'm able to run'em that long  :P

KM

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2006, 02:45:08 pm »
it is a known issue, and something that *should* be accounted for by most programs (btw, it has nothing to do with programming languages - it's the format the API returns the value in that is the limitation)... i haven't actually confirmed if it would have happened (the subtraction process should have accounted for it in theory) but better to make double sure just in case - anyone currently got 49 days uptime want to test it and see if the bug did exist or not by moving your huge room full of hundreds of users to that system? didn't think so... lol

the thing with the stats resetting is just a cosmetic thing and not something i plan to bother about, it's just that in the event that the bug did occur... could have been funny, especially as my original plan for the *nix version of WCS was a replacement function that instead of being based off of the system boot time was based off of the epoch, which would have meant every single WCS-Unix hosted room dropping everyone at the same time every 49.7 days, which needless to say wouldn't have been an easy bug to identify ;-) that is of course assuming that bug did exist...

just working on another bug that has been located now... i believe this bug might also be the cause for the stability issues on the current linux beta so look out for b4 shortly (also a quick advanced warning... b4 will come with a licence agreement, this has now become necessary for reasons which will probably seem obvious soon enough)

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2006, 06:41:23 pm »
Since you never put your forum back on your site. I was wondering. What is so different about the beta version you released not to long ago? What changes are there?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx