gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 06:24:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Is Search Working or Not?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is Search Working or Not?  (Read 10609 times)

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
Is Search Working or Not?
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:08:06 am »

I placed this file: 

"CLEANER for Windows identifies DUPLICATE FILES (installer included).zip"

into my upload library for one of the WinMX users.

This is a command line program for Windows XP and later, It's used to search for files with identical contents, mark the files and optionally delete the files.

Please make a search for the file and let me know whether this file shows up and can be downloaded. I have constantly 5 uploads, so my usual uploads work.

Hans
AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Is Search Working or Not?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:54:38 pm »
blow the fog horn... cant see the lighthouse ...

...post the hash... search finds nothing...

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:49 am »
blow the fog horn... cant see the lighthouse ...

...post the hash... search finds nothing...

I was once able to connect but could not download. The reply from my box was "connection refused". 
This is the zero length file that was created.::
__INCOMPLETE___CLEANER for Windows identifies DUPLICATE FILES (installer included)19562535168dd2aae5c28b2ce55972c80005f2dc.zip

Let me know if you can find and download this file.

My box runs as Primary and has no problems searching, uploading and downloading files. It shows at the moment "P=7 S=2 spm=4032", doing 5 uploads at 50,000Bytes/ Sec and has 3 downloads queued.

Hans :walk:

"C" programmer.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:36 am »
right click the file in the library and select 'search for alternates' ... a regular search will open... the second line will have HASH>longstringofchars

its that second line im lookin for...

btw, you cant download from yourself....

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:54:26 am »
nvm its; HASH>19562535168dd2aae5c28b2ce55972c8

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:53 am »
nvm its; HASH>19562535168dd2aae5c28b2ce55972c8

No luck.

Please try and let me know if you can find the file searching for the file name "CLEANER for Windows identifies DUPLICATE FILES (installer included).zip" The has may be wrong.

Is there a way to manually create and access a  valid hash from a file that has never been uploaded?

The upload and download PC are on the same LAN.  The upload PC has a primary connection to the network, both work fine up-and downloading stuff from and to the internet.

Hans  :walk:
 "C" programmer.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:49:44 am »
While the malicious traffic is being sent across the network, there is a lot of traffic going across the primary connections.

It's these that pass on the search requests, which may be getting lost in some of the traffic which may explain why noones had any luck just yet.

I did find it using the hash, user=DINGDONG?

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:42:02 pm »
While the malicious traffic is being sent across the network, there is a lot of traffic going across the primary connections.

It's these that pass on the search requests, which may be getting lost in some of the traffic which may explain why noones had any luck just yet.

I did find it using the hash, user=DINGDONG?

I noticed that a user ???bond??? was in the upload queue. Tried to get him started. He failed to connect.

I have at the moment P=14 S=13 smp=2145.  Usually smp is above 8,000.

If you, you can download the program from www.linux.interworld.net.au. It's useful to get rid of unwanted files with identical content. The actual program is only 21Kbytes, The rest is M$ bloat.

Hans
 "C" programmer.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:05:09 pm »
I disagree.. it's very possible to do that, it't just hard to find yourself in a search (this rarely happens)
But if you use a room to find your won browse I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to download from yourself.

testing if you are able to uplad the file to someone else would be easiest the same way ...enter a room and ask someone to test it

BTW there are a few alternatives for finding and handling duplicate files arround, i've used at least 2 alternatives ove the years ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »
Quote from: hans
Is there a way to manually create and access a  valid hash from a file that has never been uploaded?

i used the name of the incomplete file you posted to get that.... there is a program called mxhashish (its in the archives) that can create hashes for files...

I disagree.. it's very possible to do that, it't just hard to find yourself in a search (this rarely happens)
But if you use a room to find your won browse I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to download from yourself.

testing if you are able to uplad the file to someone else would be easiest the same way ...enter a room and ask someone to test it

while logic does dictate that one should be able to download from yourself, winmx simply wont do it.... it doesnt allow it.... try it if you dont believe me..

@hans still no dice on getting that file... and mx has been auto searching every 10mins since you posted the incomplete filename... keep it shared.... i wanna see if it will eventually get it :P   ... let the automated easter egg hunt begin! lol...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 01:05:20 pm »
while logic does dictate that one should be able to download from yourself, winmx simply wont do it.... it doesnt allow it.... try it if you dont believe me..

Musta been a wierd glitch on my part, i have had it happen a few times, i join my own download queue...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 01:06:17 pm »
And sometimes my own files have shown up in a search list, never tried to download one tho

Just remember that...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »
No glitch I guarantee it's possible (maybe not if your incomming is the same as your outgoing folder ...but that s the only doubt I have) ...I'm sorry to keep disagreeying Stripes  :D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 01:30:23 pm »
That would be the case for me then, Joshua, my shares are on R: but my incomings are on C:

Just remember that...

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:32 pm »
I believe I  found the cause of the problem.

My set-up is 2 PC's connected to a local network. They are  connected through NAT router to the internet. This means they have the same IP address when seen from the internet. PC 1 is run as a Primary  on which the file is stored. PC2 is run as secondary. They use different TCP and UDP ports.  PC2 finds the file and the the file is entered into the upload queue of PC1, but fails to connect (connection time out) and after a long time is back at the beginning of the upload queue.

It appears that  the external Cache Server can not distinguish that these are different PC's. Apparently the Cache Server only works on the IP address and not on the combination of IP address and port numbers.

I believe  to exchange files and chat  with WinMX on a LAN requires that there is also a Cache  Server installed on the LAN.

The file name is : "CLEANER for Windows identifies DUPLICATE FILES (installer included).zip".

Hans  :walk:

"C" programmer.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 01:56:39 pm »
I personally use the full library function for outgoing (many drives and folders) and a central point for any program that needs an incomming folder (examples: tixati, winmx) ..this is why I can only imagine one folder for all would work differently.

I've used my own downloads quite often to lock my que/outgoing in the past. Use some imagination and you 'll see why this beats using a 0-0 patch to lock MX outgoing traffic

This works no matter if you want to down files from one system (winmx1 to winmx2) to another or within one machine (winmx1 to winmx1)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »
Hans have you forwarded ports for BOTH internal static IP's?

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »
Hans have you forwarded ports for BOTH internal static IP's?

Both internal IP's have been forwarded and different TCP and UDP ports assigned. (I used to earn my money installing and configuring LAN's).

Both PC's search, upload and download videos and other stuff for years without problem. 

There is not problem transferring files across the LAN with RSYNC, Bittorrent, and plain  DOS or Linux copy command or Windows or Linux File Managers.

Hans  :walk:.
 "C" programmer.

Offline Preston

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 10:48:39 pm »
If those other things work why are you trying to do it over WinMX?...

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »
If those other things work why are you trying to do it over WinMX?...

I have placed "CLEANER for Windows identifies DUPLICATE FILES (installer included).zip"
 into my up-load folder and want to verify that it can be downloaded.

I also want to test whether WinMx can be used to share files and chat between PC connected on a LAN before I install it on a LAN with 100's of users.

"C" programmer.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Is Search Working or Not?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx