gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 05:37:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vista - Problems With WinMX  (Read 82197 times)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Vista - Problems With WinMX
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2007, 11:27:43 pm »
ok, you quite likely won't be able to do anything with files that are actually downloading (green), the only way i know to prieview them is to open incoming files (there's a button) right click, choose copy & then paste in same folder.. you will then be able to (mostly) play the copy of the incomplete file...

as for sorting out your library & incoming files locations, can i recommend you look at the guide i wrote for 3.53 in the tutorials section https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_353.html
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline shine40

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2007, 03:22:48 pm »
I have a new computer, HP with windows home premium build 6000 (one week old)
2 gb RAM
AMD 64
WinMX 3.54 with patch 3.0

no chat clients
windows firewall turned off
no router
spysweep turned off

fiber optics connection (very fast)

Is taking a minute or better to connect to winmx and trying to download another story....keeps timing out..no matter if i set at primary or secondary connection.

something is not right with the downloading speed..and I do not understand the throttling part.

Please advise

Thanks
shine

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2007, 04:04:45 am »
Shine, try this patch
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4799.0.html
it's for the various issues vista is causing to winmx...

hope this helps!
Be Good!
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline shine40

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2007, 04:36:35 am »
thanks, i appreciate the patch...getting closer but not quite there yet lol

can now connect faster than before patch...and I seem to have stopped timing out and disconnecting..so thats good

now i just cant get any downloads to go any faster than .15 k/s as per screen

for example 3 dls @ 780 b/s

i have fiber optics

could this be in that throttling settings? as i said before, i really dont know how to adjust them/where they should be set at.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2007, 01:20:57 pm »
Fiber should have MUCH better speed! lol
It could be one of several issues... If you come into the help room on winmx, it would be easier to sort out, check any router config, check ports, etc.

WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Just push the chat button, and paste that into the box at the top, and click JOIN
Someone is almost always around to help in there, and can get you fixed up.

Offline shine40

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2007, 01:46:09 pm »
ty could u make that a link for me?  i cant seem to get to that area..i see help but dont see a chat section

thx shine

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »
He's talking about how to enter into a chatroom on winmx and nnot IE :)
Look next to the search button on winmx.c(on the left)
Click on that then on continue and then read sycre's post

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

janejak

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2007, 12:21:12 am »
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Versjon 6.0.6000 Build 6000
WinMX v3.54 beta 4 patch 3.0
AVG 7.5
Cant stay connected

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:36 am »
Hi Janejak, have you also installed the vista patch from this page?
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4799.0#new
(look at the bottom of KM's post for the link)

This should fix you up. If you still have any trouble, come in to the help chat room on winmx (even if you can't stay connected, the chat function will work)

Copy this room name, and paste it in the filter bar on the chat page, then click on JOIN button.

WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Someone is usually there :)

Be Good!

Offline shine40

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2007, 05:46:32 am »
apparently my ISP has throttled down bandwidth....

and thats why im downloading at snails speed...

Offline RobertD

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00:41 am »
Novatech duel core  t2500 @2.00ghz
2039MB Memory
With 120 Gb Hard drive
Using either LAN or Wireless
Running Vista Business Latest Build from Microsoft.
Running Winmx 3.54 Beta4 with patch for Vista.
Running Via BT HomeHUB
No problems found But have found That I can run as Primary setting best proformace I have had from WInmx
Norton internet securiity provided by BT free for Vista.

doppy6000

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2007, 11:01:01 am »
 :( I have vista running no problems with down loading but when I finish down loading I go to my music and it shows incomplete so I have to rename any way to fix this problem?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2007, 05:57:49 pm »
Follow the instructions on the first post of this thread : https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.0.html
That should solve it.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline rbobby

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »
i have tried everything mention here. nothing worked. i found a dl program that works with vista.after downloading it, i download winmx and it works fine,no getting disconnected. the program i downloaded is Zultrax P2P 4.14.winmx has worked for the past 3 days without disconnecting. so i tried deleting the Zultrax program and then winmx quit working,now i downloaded Zultrax and winmx is working again. i put both program in the same folder. must be something in the Zultrax files that make winmx work. might work for you ,can't say but it did for me.

Offline JustMe2007

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:48 pm »
First I'd like to say Hi.   :mrgreen:  I just found this forum and I've had some of the same problems I've been reading about so I thought I'd post.

I'm having the same problem with not being able to play files that are downloading.  However, under "Transfers"- "Options"-"File Launching", you can add the play button to the list when you right click on an item.  Only problem is knowing what settings to put in there.  Where they have %path% you put the file path of the program you want to use to open the files, but if you use Windows Media Player there isn't enough room to put the full path, and I have no idea what to put under "Params" and "Working Dir".  Does anyone know how to get this to work?  It is a real PITA not being able to listen to the song to make sure it works or is the right song you were looking for.  Lots of wasted time this way.  If anyone can post what should be listed here I'd really appreciate it. 
The options are:
  • Title *Click the down arrow and select "Play".  If it's not already listed you can write Play in the box.
  • File Ext
  • Action
  • Command
  • Params
  • Working Dir
Don't forget to press save when all the correct settings are put in.

I've also had the problem with the incomplete file not changing the file name after the download is complete (I have a ton of files that I need to go in and change the names of now.).  To solve the problem try closing WinMx and rebooting your computer and the next time you use WinMx it should change the file names.  One thing I noticed is that the directory WinMx had the files going into was wrong (It had "My Music" listed instead of just "Music" - I'm running Vista Home Premium and the latest version of WinMx with the Vista patch.), yet the files still went into the "Music" folder, go figure.  That could possibly have been a problem, although it still worked after rebooting before I fixed the directory.

Thanks in advance,
AnnMarie

ok, you quite likely won't be able to do anything with files that are actually downloading (green), the only way i know to prieview them is to open incoming files (there's a button) right click, choose copy & then paste in same folder.. you will then be able to (mostly) play the copy of the incomplete file...

as for sorting out your library & incoming files locations, can i recommend you look at the guide i wrote for 3.53 in the tutorials section newbielink:https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_353.html [nonactive]
~A~

Offline JustMe2007

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2007, 01:02:38 pm »
I forgot to add (Wish we could edit our own posts. :oops:) that you shouldn't have to go through all that trouble to listen to a song that's listed as incomplete, or is incomplete (Or should I say *I* don't have to go through all that trouble.).  All I have to do is open the incoming files folder and double click on anything I want to hear.  Even if it's still downloading it plays for me.  It would still be much better to just be able to play the files right in WinMx like we used to be able to do.  I wonder why that option was removed and made so you have to put it in manually if you want it?    :?

~AM~

as for sorting out your library & incoming files locations, can i recommend you look at the guide i wrote for 3.53 in the tutorials section newbielink:https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_353.html [nonactive]
[/quote]
~A~

jammen

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:47 pm »
new computer acer aspire
vista home premium

Unable to connect. have tried everything I think.
Would a super please post a sticky listing the methods to try in order?
There are too many postings to make sense of it all.

Micromecca

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:02 pm »
Hi Jammen, please ensure you are using the vista compatible patch, it can be downloaded here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4799.0;attach=1685

if you have a router you will also need to configure that to allow winmx ports to passthrough, details here:

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/WinMX/WinMXindex.htm

:D

Kristofer Watt

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:04 pm »
Im having trouble getting hold of this patch.
Using your links SamSeeSam takes me to 'an error has occured' 'You are not allowed to access this section'.  :(

Any further suggestions or other links to KM's patch?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2007, 10:36:49 pm »
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/connection.html  << suggested link, does vista too
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Vista - Problems With WinMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx