gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:54:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!  (Read 32286 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: 3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 01:42:41 am »
Do let me know when you have this all installed whether its working ok or not Guest...

Thanks

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 03:31:18 am »
Installed 3.0-nomx rebooted and winmx started by itself a few times seemingly just hovering with mouse. Removed unnecessary new winmx start menu folder and desktop icon. Program started fast when I called it. At first no freakin fake file flooding, then got three, alot less and same file from different users turned up red till I got the green light. Other than that, seems to work fine for now.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 03:47:09 am »
Kewl Guest keep us posted on your progress with it,, I might add to that our blocklists the filtering uses target Industry loaded fakes and not the average user with files mislabled or coded badly so .. hopefully this will help you enjoy MX to its fullest..

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 01:29:05 pm »
Hi,
1) I downloaded the file name: Install 3.0-3.54b4.exe onto a new computer (i.e. no other version of WinMx on it) but I'm still getting loads of flooders when I try to download an avi file. Program/Winmx has the file oledlg.dll in it.
2) Is it usually a fake file if in the speed it is a green number then a red zero? eg 2 + 0
3) Some files have e.g. -3 of 1 available in the Status/Server column. Would these also be fake files?

I have read the Winmxworld Tutorials but I'm still finding it difficult to understand  :shock: :oops:

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 03:42:02 pm »
no there not nessasarily fakes it could be ppl have gone off line or using shareguard that is set to above what you are shareing or any number of reasons  the oledlg.dll  file you have in your winmx folder is the correct one and installing 3.0-3.54b4.exe   is the safest option to stop flooding you got to remember tho that the files are only as good as what people share and theres a lot of bad files out there on ppls putas the best way to find files you are lookin for is to go to the appropriate rooms and ask around for what you want that way you got a better chance of finding good files

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 04:18:52 pm »
I agree with HellOnEarth here those are not likely to be fakes your seeing. although the program he mentions Shareguard I think he actually means MXMonitor.

2) Is it usually a fake file if in the speed it is a green number  then a red zero? eg 2  + 0

The guides we have on site are just that guides they dont tell you exactly if a file is a fake flooded one or not.  Having green in the speed column simply means its DSL or faster line type being reported.
The red 0 and the 2 + 0 are the status of the users for that file.  This would mean

Red 0 Means they have 0 open upload slots and those are usually going to be real users, since the flooders almost always report as all slots open.  However as for getting this file you going to have to wait in a que for it, they have no open slots.

3) Some files have e.g. -3 of 1 available  in the Status/Server column. Would these also be fake files?

That is telling you that that user has -3 of 1 available upload slot.  Again this is more then likely a real user and they have a que for files and are uploading to extra ppl. 

Im going to attach two screen shots for you.  They are both a search for the keyword 'keys'.  The first one is a non filtering patch, an older patch and you can see the fakes.
Note the times on these:  They are rediculously high on many of them but not all.
Note the status/server column:  They are also rediculously high on most but not all files.

Basically what im trying to do is one, show you what the fakes look like.. and two show you that there is not good way to spot a fake file that works 100% of the time.  This is why the blocklist team have special tools installed to find them for you so you dont have to worry about them.

The second picture is a filtered search of the same keyword 'keys'  They are all real results and you can see they have similar features to what you're describing above.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 04:26:27 pm »
hehehehe someone agrees with me.....shock horror ....... :D  i stand corrected yup i did mean MXMonitor 

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 06:03:59 pm »
Use the winmxworld patch and forget all worries of fake files when you click the finish button lol

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:56 am »
Hi Again,
Thankyou "HellOnEarth, Me Here & SamSeeSam" for your quick reply (wow, that's great service).
     The download I was talking about took about 45 hours - 12 hours of that nothing was happening because each time I would be on top of the que I'd get the messages over & over again from each server "Timed out...etc," even though they were still showing as being on line, that's why I thought they must of been flooders.
     To "Me Here" - thanks for the examples, unfortunately the screen didn't show the Status/Server column that you mentioned, but I get the idea - I think!  :D

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2007, 10:18:46 am »
You will see a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of your screen.
Click that and move it to the right then you'll see it

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Melody

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2007, 12:53:56 pm »
From SamSeeSam,
You will see a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of your screen.
Click that and move it to the right then you'll see it

My horizontal bar can't move any further to the right. I changed the text to smallest to try & view "Me Here"s examples, but still the right side is cut off. The 1st example I can read "Freq", the 2nd example I can read the 1st part of "User".
Thanks anyway

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »
If the examples are the ones your having trouble seeing you can click on the file name under it and download it to your PC to view if you would like. ... :wink:

JoeHarrison

The Fake Files have Found a Way
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 08:05:46 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Alright, I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem or not, but I just opened WinMX and put in a search for "Star Wars". Suddenly I started seeing hundreds of files labeled "DESTINY'S CHILD REMIX" etc., etc. I came onto this site in did some research of the Fake File Program and how to solve it. Download the new patch / New version of WinMX. I was about to do just that when I realized... I HAVE the latest version AND the latest patch.

So it appears as if they have found yet ANOTHER WAY around the filters.

And there is no doubt that those files ("DESTINY'S CHILD", etc.) are fake because I clicked "Show Full Path", and just like you guys said, the File was labeled under the full path "John Williams/Star Wars/Destiny's Child.mp3"...

Is another patch in the works? Or am I the only one having the problem right now?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 08:22:19 pm »
Hi Joe, here is how this works

LOL.. We have a small team of ppl that look for those fakes at verious times of the day.. this goes on mostly 24/7 and we dont let too many slip by us for long .. but they have to be found.. and added to the blocking lists and in that short period you may encounter a few... Its not uncommon .. and its a tribute to our ability to find them and get you protected that you just see them this one time.. lol

In any case Joe about the time you posted this there were two more added.. in the last week we have see about 5 new IPs per day so Im not saying you wont ever see a fake again in your WinMX life but they are usually added within minutes of their arival to the Network and your client will update within 5 minutes of them being added.   Hope this helps explain to you.. and let you know that you are safe to surf MX ..  :wink:

JoeHarrison

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 08:34:09 pm »
Thanks, Me Here,

And I do greatly thank you guys for the work you put into WinMX to get up up and protected. I hope my previous post wasn't taken as an attack to your protection (I don't think it was, but I just wanted to cover all grounds :-D).

It's not that great of a problem, because, obviously, if we know which files are fake, we know what to avoid. It's just annoying to have to CLOSELY look in between the fake files for the legit ones :-D

Anyway, thanks again, and thanks besides for the quick reply.

~Joe

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 09:14:22 pm »
Hey its our pleasure Joe and I was just explaining for you how this works and what to expect..
One or two new ips flooding in some results is not troubles thats true.. but when you add them all up over 9000 Ips atm.. could be a bit of a headache finding that real file so its definatly our pleasure to help that way..

and to give the companies like Macrovision the big ,|,,  while we are at it..  :wink:

Offline jjstar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2007, 02:18:13 pm »
I am d/l ok, but no one is uploading from me. I have not changed anything and have no wish to piss people off. In a chat room, my total files no. are visible but I cannot see them when i browse. As far as i know all firewall stuff is open, any ideas.

Offline jjstar

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2007, 02:20:52 pm »
now ok, some one is u/l from me. I think it was anti phishing button on trend firewall re winmx in hosts file.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2007, 02:59:55 pm »
hi jjstar,

Usually if your unable to browse yourself it is due to a firewall or router problem.. often there is no cure for this, although some routers do have settings that allow you to change the 'blocked connections to local host'.  Since your hosts file .. almost all hosts files do contain an entry to guide you to yourself its possible that this could have been the reason your browse on yourself was not working. (the trend blocking it)

As for uploads however this wont have any effect .. have those also started working now or do you still need some help with those?

Watchdog

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 02:47:25 am »
I tried downloading the patch, but when I tried to go to the page the patch was supposed to be on, it said there was no address connected to the page.  Page was blank.  What now?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx